Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Ultimate comes with turn assist lights. When you, for example, turn the wheel to the left, a small amber light activates just outside the turn signal light to provide additional illumination toward the area you are turning. Same is true on the right hand side. Two questions: Does anyone know how to get access to the bulbs for the turn assist light? As noted, the light is located just outside the turn signal light on the very edge of the housing, but I cannot for the life of see how to access it. Second question, does anybody know the model number of this bulb, or where I might find what it is? I want to change the amber bulb to a bright white bulb (if one is available) to provide additional assisted lighting. Thanks for any help anybody can give.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sec 8 of the owners manual says the cornering lamp is H7 55watt, our 2018 limited has clear not amber bulbs.

Sec 7 pg 72 "type B" shows the location, it's the bulb closest to the grille.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Really appreciate the information steering me to the proper location for the turn assist bulbs. Can't thank you enough. Found them right away. Perhaps next time I should go to the owner's manual first. DUH!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone replaced their H7 halogens in the Kona turn assist lighting system with H7 LED's? Am told the increase in light brightness is significant, but wonder if there are any reports of hyper flashing or error message? Installed non-canbus LED's in my back up fixtures and everything worked fine. But I did use canbus for the front and rear turn signals and got no hyper flashing or error message. Just wondering if the results with the turn assist bulbs would be the same as with the back up bulbs. Thanks for any help or advice.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts