Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a fan of Bosch spark plugs. Can't seem to find any NGK plugs that will fit. What is everyone using.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Well if you want a warranty if your motor blows up it better be NGK's and I would get them from the dealer or some known NGK dealer. Not from Amazon, that has a ton of counterfeits. That's what I would do. If you are going to tune it, get a heat range lower for a stage 1 tune. And get it through a certified NGK dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to my local Hyundai dealership. They ensured me these spark plugs are for the 1.6T Kona $150 is crazy for 4 spark plugs. When you google the part# its says not fitted for the Kona. Should I still try them

·
Registered
317 Posts
Is your part # " Bosch Iridium Spark Plug YR6NI332S" ?

I found it by looking at
Summit Racing $10.99
O'Reilly Auto $10.99
Autozone $10.99
Rockauto $5.44

Do you need to change for performance, mileage or ?

I used a couple of cross referance sites and didn't find anything.
Rockauto offered a Champion 9417 for $5.13.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Went to my local Hyundai dealership. They ensured me these spark plugs are for the 1.6T Kona $150 is crazy for 4 spark plugs. When you google the part# its says not fitted for the Kona. Should I still try them
Did you try the online discount Hyundai parts stores. Most are dealers. I get a part# and then do a google "shopping" search for the best price.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've been Googling and following links and found this on the Hundai-Forums forum.
It's on the Tucson sub forum but probably relevant.
Anybody want to pull a plug? A picture is worth a thousand post/searches :unsure:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The OEM plugs that came out of my 2018 Kona 1.6T motor 1 month ago, are NGK SIL ZKR8E

I went to the NGK site and did a search for these plugs and they do not come up with and w/o the space between the SIL and ZKR8E. So these are proprietary plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts