Hyundai Kona Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay, I received the Kona EV spare tire MIT from Garvey Auto. It is a small spare with Jack & tools, and it does fit in the trunk below the floor if you remove all of the reinforced syrofoam below the trunk floor. The 120 V charger also fits if you remove from its case. I installed the spare as my left front tire of my Limited Kona EV with 17" wheels. I drove it around and it drove Great! Good news, until I installed the small spare as my right rear tire. IT DID NOT FIT! The brake caliper blocks full installation of the small wheel. You can't fully tighten the wheel and it forces the brake pad on the disk. I decided to keep the $250 spare tire & kit anyway for use if I get a blowout in front.
If the rear tire has a puncture you can take the front off and put on the rear, then put spare on front! alot of hassle but better than waiting for a tow

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kona EV ultimate
2 Posts
Okay, I received the Kona EV spare tire MIT from Garvey Auto. It is a small spare with Jack & tools, and it does fit in the trunk below the floor if you remove all of the reinforced syrofoam below the trunk floor. The 120 V charger also fits if you remove from its case. I installed the spare as my left front tire of my Limited Kona EV with 17" wheels. I drove it around and it drove Great! Good news, until I installed the small spare as my right rear tire. IT DID NOT FIT! The brake caliper blocks full installation of the small wheel. You can't fully tighten the wheel and it forces the brake pad on the disk. I decided to keep the $250 spare tire & kit anyway for use if I get a blowout in front.
If you get a blow out on a rear tire, can you put the spare on the front and move the front good tire to the rear? That would be better than a 4 hour wait for a tow and a 2 day wait for the tire to get delivered to the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What size tire/rim did they send you?

QUOTE="RoRo, post: 31380, member: 3416"]
[/QUOTE]

41 - 46 of 46 Posts