Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my 2021 Ultimate about a week now, 250 miles. Love the vehicle but can not for the life of me figure out why a top line loaded model car does not offer a heated steering wheel ??. Said it is only included on Canadian modelsand not US models. Did they think it does not get bitter cold in the states too. Probably will be on the 2022 updated model but I think it should have been a no brainer. I mean it comes with heated seats and remote start, why not heated wheel ?. Oh well just venting a little.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kona is not a luxury car. My cost out the door on a turbo AWD Limited end of 2018 was under 22k (lease). Mats, rack, mudflaps, tint all included. Even KONA windshield decal. You gotta give up something!..😊

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have my 2021 Ultimate about a week now, 250 miles. Love the vehicle but can not for the life of me figure out why a top line loaded model car does not offer a heated steering wheel ??. Said it is only included on Canadian modelsand not US models. Did they think it does not get bitter cold in the states too. Probably will be on the 2022 updated model but I think it should have been a no brainer. I mean it comes with heated seats and remote start, why not heated wheel ?. Oh well just venting a little.
Did you get a spare tire? Donut? with your 2021 Ultimate. My 2019 Ultimate came with a can of tire sealant and a compressor. No spare. Heated steering wheel would be nice but I rather have a spare tire or donut.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you get a spare tire? Donut? with your 2021 Ultimate. My 2019 Ultimate came with a can of tire sealant and a compressor. No spare. Heated steering wheel would be nice but I rather have a spare tire or donut.
no did not get a spare tire either, just the"flat tire mobility kit". thats it.
Kona is not a luxury car. My cost out the door on a turbo AWD Limited end of 2018 was under 22k (lease). Mats, rack, mudflaps, tint all included. Even KONA windshield decal. You gotta give up something!..😊
You have a point, Not a deal breaker but just wondered because they have it offered in Canada. Oh well, still enjoy driving the Kona alot and iit s a GREAT value for the money.

·
Super Moderator
1,182 Posts
They need something to have for the newer model years.. I’m sure it will be added in time..
they need something to get us to move up to a newer model...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They need something to have for the newer model years.. I’m sure it will be added in time..
they need something to get us to move up to a newer model...
Yes, I know they are doing an uodate on the Kona for 2022, it will probably be included with the ultimate pkg. Im still happy with the amount of equipt on this vehicle for the $.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey at least your Kona goes - my Kona Go MY20 is still on the service room floor getting a whole new engine for a "minor fault" that apparently is just a little problem and doesn't warrant a vehicle replacement - been working from home two months now and not because of COVID. Thanks goodness for home deliverd groceries and the kids busstop only 2.5km away.

I take your vent and raise you one :)

·
Super Moderator
1,182 Posts
Hey at least your Kona goes - my Kona Go MY20 is still on the service room floor getting a whole new engine for a "minor fault" that apparently is just a little problem and doesn't warrant a vehicle replacement - been working from home two months now and not because of COVID. Thanks goodness for home deliverd groceries and the kids busstop only 2.5km away.

I take your vent and raise you one :)
Geez.. don’t you get a rental ? Hyundai sure has its share of failed engines.. Good luck.. Its a nice car and seems to be well designed and executed for the most part.. Mine has been very reliable and still feels new.. but I don’t have that Honda/Toyota like feeling that this car will go 400K miles..

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
276 Posts
2019 Canadian Ultimate. Got the donut. Got the heated wheel. I want adaptive cruise which came in 2020 :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts