Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another poster has brought up to me the same concern I brought up on the "Incredible Hulk Hole" for the gas latch door lever. I live in Minnesota and this large hole is right where I bring my snowy and slushy feet and also kick my feet off with salty snow and slush, that I think going to be an issue. There is no need for that big of a hole to flip a lever. All you need is a "1 inch by 1 inch hole" to get one finger in to lift the latch, not your whole hand to 3 fingers in a fully wrap around the lever, like you are grabbing a commercial office door handle. Maybe if some of you winter users like me want to call the TuxMat manufacture in Canada and ask for a cover to "fix" the design flaw. We could attach a cap or hood by using a couple of 6-32 or 8-32 stainless steel nut/bolts and flip open the cap to get at the lever to fix this LARGE snow and slush entry point. Otherwise, I love the mats, they are far nicer then Weather Techs I normally buy. I hope we can fix this, through the manufacture designing a fix.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I called the manufacture and clearly they just don't care. The lady who answered the phone said they first had no hole and you had to lift up the mat, then they went to the far extreme and made a large hole, most likely they just contract these out to China and the Chinese made the update with no for thought and TuxMat just has to live with it, as do we. They offered to take them back, but I don't want Weather Techs anymore with their staining degraded look. We will see how these mats take two Minnesota winters with all the salt.

I am making my own cap then. I like there mats so much more then Weather Techs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts