Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My OEM tires are near the end of their life on my 2019 Kona 2.0 at 36k km.
Some say its because of the driving style, others say snow at winter grinds the all seasons much faster.. but since thread loss on all 4 is pretty much the same, I guess its not an issue with alignment or something.

So, my question is, can I re-use the Santa Fe rims?
Online search says: 7Jx18 ET41 ( Hyundai Santa Fe 2010 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs )
While the Kona it says 7Jx18 ET50 , and the manual only specifies 7Jx18, no mentioning of offset!

I am thinking, if the alloy wheels are suitable, the bigger 235/60R18 from Santa Fe would give better stability while towing at summer, and the narrower Kona wheels which are 215/55/R17, would be more suitable for installing winter tires - I read that narrower tires are actually better to handle snow conditions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
I was able to understand only two things here:
1. Speedo error would be -10
2. The outer rim will poke out 9mm more than before.

But it doesn't quite answer the question - will these rims fit?

I once bought Suzuki rims with winter tires mounted same specced as 17xJ7, mounyed them during darkness, and only noticed a few days later that the car isn't going straight, but the wheels were kind of"dancing" - and only because I was in the Santa Fe, and noticed how they weren't turning straight!
At the time I didn't even know what is offset... And the manual doesn't specify any for the Kona.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yes. The bolt pattern is the same, and the hub center is correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts