Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 months of owning my kona, My phone keeps ringing with calls from Sirius
Radio wanting me to subscribe.. Several notices in the mail as well that I need to make payment. I never subscribed to it and they don’t have any billing information, and I don’t even have the service Anymore. I’ve dealt with these people before and once they have your number they never let go. The dealer gave them my info. I block them on my phone, but they
Call from different numbers.. lol... annoying company I will never do business with again..

·
Super Moderator
300 Posts
I got a bunch of junk mails from them after the 3 free months, but never a phone call. The dealership setup my trial, guess they didn't gave them my phone numbers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Similar to @Bebop a few pieces of mail but nothing more. Must not have our phone number. Our VW trial was like @Bad~Papa as they did have our #....I feel your pain, they will eventually stop. Here in Canada we can ask not to be on their call list...takes some time for that to work though

·
Registered
263 Posts
They get the info from the dealership when they setup the trial - you think this is bad, call them to cancel a subscription.

I was paying my parents subscription and they sold the car. I called to cancel and was on the phone for close to forty minutes and they even offered me two free years and a receiver - it is insane how desperate they get when you are cancelling a subscription. This free two years started off with a month, then went to three, then six...and so on...it was incredibly sad how much this customer service rep had to beg because at the end, it was straight up begging me not to cancel.

·
Super Moderator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That happened to me some years ago.. they kept charging my card no matter how many times
I called to cancel.. everytime was an excuse and a promise to stop my service. Never happened.
I called the credit card company and they issued me a new card number.. swore never again..

They get the info from the dealership when they setup the trial - you think this is bad, call them to cancel a subscription.

I was paying my parents subscription and they sold the car. I called to cancel and was on the phone for close to forty minutes and they even offered me two free years and a receiver - it is insane how desperate they get when you are cancelling a subscription. This free two years started off with a month, then went to three, then six...and so on...it was incredibly sad how much this customer service rep had to beg because at the end, it was straight up begging me not to cancel.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Have xm, same joint company. Cancelled a radio in garage, and a car, told them I just do not use it anymore. Keep sending me emails, want u back, same thing with another radio decade ago ! Duh, do not use it, what is to explain ? No phone calls though, but then we do not answer any phone calls we do not know either ! Robo calls are so bad today. Might as well throw the phones out and mail real letters to people ! Goverment allowed this bs for kick back funds ! Greed bringing down our country.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Just go to there website or call and ask them to opt-you-out of all advertisement. They will do so within 3 days. The dealer provides your email and phone number to them when the vehicle is sold.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a lifetime subscription on a portable. I velcro it on the bottom and place it in the cubby hole. I use the remote control a lot. You can buy one on ebay for $250. I have been listening for 12 years about 8 hours a day. I think I got my money out of it.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
I remember that offer. Now I wish I'd have taken advantage of it. Oh well they say; hind sight is 20/20. Good for you!!:grin:

Blessings and Peace

·
Super Moderator
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got a call yesterday.. didn’t recognize the number but decided to answer it .. Somebody congratulates me on my 2018 Kona purchase and asks how I’m enjoying the car... thought it was Hyundai corporate or the dealer.. so I say it’s fine and then
She says they see my Sirius XM has expired a couple months ago and for only $5.99 a month .... Click...
That will teach me to answer the phone... was quiet for a month or so... these idiots don’t give up! Very annoying marketing tactics.. must be their 6 months try again sales routine.. if I want their shite, I’ll call them.. **** annoying.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you have any interest in having the Sirius radio service you can get it for $5 a month. Just make sure you call them before it expires and tell them you want to cancel the service because you don't drive the car much. They will then offer you renewal for either 6 months for $30; 5 months for $25 or even 1 year for $60. You can also get these promotion on a new service. Just say you don't drive much.

It's frustrating dealing with accents you often cannot understand and time consuming but worth it if you want the service.

If you sell the car before you subscription expires call and tell them you sold the car and have not replaced it (absolutely don't tell them if you bought another car). They will credit you account. Wait about a week and then call the number below and ask them to send you a check. Do not under any circumstances tell them if you bought a replacement car. They will try to put a subscription on the replacement car and won't offer a promotion since you have a credit on your account.

The way you have leverage over Sirius is to have a cancelled account or an account that is about to expire.

I don't feel bad about doing this because I don't drive much and having Sirius isn't worth more than $5 a month to me. I could easily live without it.

Customer service number that bypasses sales: 844-287-9223

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Boy do I agree with dealing with overseas agencies that Sirius uses. Thanks for posting the bypass number. I also found out if you call during the weekday at around 1200 you'll get a US operator. Everything you've said,is spot on.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
8 Posts
That happened to me some years ago.. they kept charging my card no matter how many times
I called to cancel.. everytime was an excuse and a promise to stop my service. Never happened.
I called the credit card company and they issued me a new card number.. swore never again..
I've had Sirius for years and really enjoy it. But, I have them send me a monthly invoice. When I decide to stop I'll just stop sending the check. No problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've gone through the same experience with Sirius. When it became a Sirius annoyance, I just told them I crashed the car. Haven't heard from them since.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts