Hyundai Kona Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

Had a 2015 Toyota Yaris hybrid.
Bought it from my dad, had it for three years and sold it for the same price I bought it for.
Would have been a great buy if it wasn't for the fact that a bunch of things went to **** the month after the warrant expired... Like clockwork.
Relaxing to know I have 8 years of not worrying about that with the Kona.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Learned to drive in this '08 Focus I got from my dad. He commuted with it then gave it to my step sister before I got it with 187k miles. I drove it for four years or so putting it at 248k miles. Leela was a reliable first car, but it was time for something more fun once I got my first "real" job. She still runs, but has been sitting in a garage not being used since I got the Kona in 2018.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been a rollercoaster over the last few years, but I'll share this one. I always wanted to have a red car with white Sunraysias, and I learnt a valuable lesson about the difference between heavy wheels and light wheels. Heavy wheels are rough!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,848 Posts
FYI- From my research, the Kona N-line will not have any different suspension then the Ultimate or the Limited. The Kona is a softly sprung car with stiffer shocks and bigger sway bar to acheive it's handling. You get bad nose dive and rear tail lift on aggressive braking. That effects emergency avoidance and panic braking where you have bad rear brake bias. Simply adding Eibach or Storm lowering spring make the brake a lot better, with on Eibach's case, with only a tad bit more stiffness. Front camber bolts will be needed . The rear is fully adjustable.

·
Registered
2021 Night Edition, Galactic Grey
8 Posts
2003 Subaru Forester 2.5X, 2" ADF lift, and General Grabber AT2 tires. My adventure rig.
Currently getting the rear diff replaced, bearings were starting to howl.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts