Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought my brand new Kona Ultimate 2021 one week ago. Unfortunately, while parking, I scratched the car against the parking lot wall. The scratch is pretty deep. I don’t have any idea of how I could fix that. Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome to the forum
A friend has this problem with his wife's car.
He found a local 1 man body shop who spiclizes (he's retired) in small jobs.

We're using him to fix our back bumper, 17 year old, rush hour took him 3 tries to get us 😂.
$709 cash Instead of $1500 insurance, his father has already paid, is very happy with me 😅 not so happy with his son 😠.

Ask your friends little body shops are everywhere.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm sorry that happened. I know that sickening feeling, especially on a new car. I'm by far no expert but it looks to me that it'll have to go to a body shop. You should join the Kona Facebook Group - those folks have all kinds of answers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I feel your pain I did the exact same boneheaded thing. Body shops were quoting 800 to 1000. I opted to live with my own careless mistake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sorry that happened. I know that sickening feeling, especially on a new car. I'm by far no expert but it looks to me that it'll have to go to a body shop. You should join the Kona Facebook Group - those folks have all kinds of answers.
Thank you, I’m afraid that the body shop will ask for something like 800$ just for a scratch …

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you, I’m afraid that the body shop will ask for something like 800$ just for a scratch …
That's part scratch, part scrape and will need professional help to make it disappear. You can try rubbing compound on some of it, but the scrape isn't going away. Clean it up with clear coat approved rubbing compound and live with it. That really sucks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts