Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2019 Kona SEL $WD, tried to install by the book, would not run wireless . Dealer was of little use said not supposed to run wireless, even made photo from dash info says it will , Comcast sent new phone thinking maybe it was the phone. Anyway, could some one please give me the exact procedure to install phone with android auto so it will run wireless, would very much appreciate it:)

Thanks very much

Allen

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your phone will connect to the head unit via bluetooth or USB. If you only connect via bluetooth you will only have access to hands free calling features and music played on the phone. To use the Android Auto app functionality on the head unit you need to connect via USB,

·
Registered
37 Posts
FYI Hyundai has indicated the new i30 will support wireless screen mirroring (which I assume means Android Auto). Fingers crossed that software update makes it to our Konas, because the reliability of the USB connection seems to be terrible!

·
Registered
320 Posts
FYI Hyundai has indicated the new i30 will support wireless screen mirroring (which I assume means Android Auto). Fingers crossed that software update makes it to our Konas, because the reliability of the USB connection seems to be terrible!
The ability to wirelessly screen mirroring/wireless android auto or wireless CarPlay is more than a software update - receivers that allow for wireless connections to mirroring/auto/play essentially have a dedicated wifi connection (I am simplifying it) to your phone to handle the amount of data that is being transferred as the current bluetooth standards can't handle it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts