Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 21 Kona SE and I'm looking for a pair of side roof rails to install. Does anyone know where to find a pair?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a 21 Kona SE and I'm looking for a pair of side roof rails to install. Does anyone know where to find a pair?
It would probably be less expensive for you if you went with the yakima naked roof system - I am assuming you are talking about installing a set of flush rails and building from there. Apologies if I am mistaken.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got a rack on and planning on adding a roof box/skibox before summer. (I'm assuming this year will be another car trip type of summer) Does anyone know what max length for a box on Kona is? I mean the roof is pretty short, so I want to maximize the size of the box, but can't find anywhere what the max recommended length is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got a rack on and planning on adding a roof box/skibox before summer. (I'm assuming this year will be another car trip type of summer) Does anyone know what max length for a box on Kona is? I mean the roof is pretty short, so I want to maximize the size of the box, but can't find anywhere what the max recommended length is.
Did you get any answers? There was a previous roof basket post with a picture example. In that case, the roof basket was 47 1/4" (120cm for everyone else).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you get any answers? There was a previous roof basket post with a picture example. In that case, the roof basket was 47 1/4" (120cm for everyone else).

I asked some guys who sell skiboxes and they recommended a skibox called Skiguard 830 T, and that one is 214cm long. I feel like that might poke out over the windshield so much it'll probably interfere with the sensors for windshield wipers and lights. But I don't know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I asked some guys who sell skiboxes and they recommended a skibox called Skiguard 830 T, and that one is 214cm long. I feel like that might poke out over the windshield so much it'll probably interfere with the sensors for windshield wipers and lights. But I don't know.
214cm seems long for a Kona. Great for skis but I'd be worried about the rear hatch opening. Let us know what you do!

·
Registered
29 Posts

The thule frontier is 225 cm. I had trouble finding reliable options that were narrow enough and between 225 and ~190 cm (my xc ski length). I had to add a set of holes so the bar location is technically out of spec but the spacing is still OK (https://images.carid.com/thule/info/pdf/box-mount-dimensions.pdf) and it's seemed rock solid on multiple long drives and a few semi-rugged trips.

eta: Definitely overhangs the windshield but no interference with vision or (as far as i can tell) sensors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine are coming today , I will let you know how they work out , there is one on eBay also right now straight from Korea for the Kona and they are a 169.00 delivered ! I also purchased a roof basket for my rails and hopefully will be installing that today also . View attachment 202
Mine are coming today , I will let you know how they work out , there is one on eBay also right now straight from Korea for the Kona and they are a 169.00 delivered ! I also purchased a roof basket for my rails and hopefully will be installing that today also . View attachment 202
Where did you buy the roof racks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Following with interest posts on Roof Bars
We have 2021 Kona & looking for Roof bars & Pod to suit after pricing a Thule Medium Pod @ $1150 & Rhino Bars @ $500 + fitted a tad over priced has anyone fitted a cheaper option tia

·
Registered
2020 Kona Trend - 1.6T AWD - sunset orange
25 Posts
I took some time out tonigjt to put the cross bars on I like the Kona badge they put on and the bars fit great ..... Here are the pictures . I also put my roof basket on top of the crossbars to see how it looks however I might get a powder-coated high gloss black !
. . .hey . . . how are the cross bars holding up? - happy with them?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts