Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone picked up any crossbars for their Kona yet?
Just wondering which ones work best with the Kona side rails as we're looking to carry our paddle boards.
I also will be on the lookout for cross rails. I don’t want the type that are straight and hang over. I would like the type that fit directly into the side rails.
BTW if this expeditionroasters coffees?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Let us know how it works out.
I took some time out tonigjt to put the cross bars on I like the Kona badge they put on and the bars fit great ..... Here are the pictures . I also put my roof basket on top of the crossbars to see how it looks however I might get a powder-coated high gloss black !

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
I took some time out tonigjt to put the cross bars on I like the Kona badge they put on and the bars fit great ..... Here are the pictures . I also put my roof basket on top of the crossbars to see how it looks however I might get a powder-coated high gloss black !
Very nice! What percent tint do you have on your windows?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Very nice! What percent tint do you have on your windows?
20 % on the rear and sides and 12 % on the front ! .... Going to have my front windows ceramic this week !

·
Registered
25 Posts
picked up some aguri crossbars (https://www.micksgarage.com/d/roof-racks-and-bars/Hyundai/Hyundai-Kona/KONA-2017-Onwards/products/3342382-38087/bag-baz-runner-ii-al-1-20-c-d-bl-hyundai-kona-2017-onwardsa) and bike racks (https://www.micksgarage.com/d/bike-racks-roof-mounted/products/3175415/black-aguri-acuda-ii-roof-mounted-bike-rack-carrier-x2); pretty happy so far, though I haven't loaded the bikes yet. Solidly built and install was quick and painless. Price including 2 bike carriers worked out cheaper than thule aero bars alone. will post pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems pretty solid. Not as solid as a fork mount, but leaving the wheel on is convenient. Lots of adjustment and the locks seem secure enough; could probably wrench it out of the brace but it would take more than a passing effort. Most importantly, it looks good (to me at least).

One note; the end caps on the bars and bike trays seem only to be press-fit into the bars; most of them are snug but one is a bit loose so I plan on epoxying them all in-place.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can I find the actual side bars, not the cross ones. Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
@foulhooked Got an update on how the aguri ones are working out? Looking for some myself.
Everything has held up fine and secure, but we haven't really used them since august (car was in the shop for 40 days after getting hit). I actually expected more noise from the rack(s) but it's only occasionally noticeable, typically when in cross-winds. Only "complaint" is that, even at 6'2", it's a bit of a struggle for me to get the bike in and out of the securing arm. I bought a folding step-stool that should help but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. We'll see how it goes next spring, but eventually I might end up swapping out the bike-trays to a fork-lock model just for ease of loading. No regrets about the purchase though. Crossbars are solid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everything has held up fine and secure, but we haven't really used them since august (car was in the shop for 40 days after getting hit). I actually expected more noise from the rack(s) but it's only occasionally noticeable, typically when in cross-winds. Only "complaint" is that, even at 6'2", it's a bit of a struggle for me to get the bike in and out of the securing arm. I bought a folding step-stool that should help but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. We'll see how it goes next spring, but eventually I might end up swapping out the bike-trays to a fork-lock model just for ease of loading. No regrets about the purchase though. Crossbars are solid.
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. Hope everyone was okay! Thanks for the info, I’m just interested in the racks for now. Might have to give these ones a try

1 - 15 of 15 Posts