Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my brand new Limited home, I noticed a small ding in the roof. The dealer is willing to fix it. Is there any type of fix better than others that I can hold them to?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I saw a video where someone heated a ding with a hair dryer, then sprayed cold compressed air on it and it disappeared. Scared to try it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up a brand new Kona Limited about 3 weeks ago. The night I got the car home, I noticed a small ding in the roof. I texted a photo to the salesman, who said he would set up an appointment with the ding repair guy, who will only come on Wednesdays. I couldn't take off work so I arranged to go on a Tuesday night and get a loaner car so they could fix it on a Wednesday. In the meantime, I found a second ding on the roof, less noticeable, but near the roof rail about 15 inches away. I speculate a metal bar landed on the roof at some point. I called the Service Manager and he started to imply I had caused the dings by parking in dangerous places. I brought the car in, 40 minutes away, last Saturday to show him. He acted like he didn't really see it, but said to bring it in and they would fix it. I took a crayon and circled the dings, so the repair guy would work on both. I picked up the car today...the first ding was fixed, but there is now an indentation near it that may be even worse than the original ding. The smaller second ding is still there...they said it was near the roof rail and they could only improve it 75% (although it looks about the same to me). I have not bought many cars in my life and would like advice on my best plan of action. The service manager acknowledged the poor job and wants to get the guy to fix it again, but I am skeptical it will ever look right. He was surprised, because they took the roof liner down so the dings could be repaired easily.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or know someone who has? If I complain enough, would they possibly give me a new car? Is the best I can hope for is some credit back? Would Hyundai corporate help me or will they say it is a dealer issue? Should I see if I can fix it locally and hand them a bill? Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
First off, I'd say "just how tall are you!?" Then I'm inclined to say " no one will notice. The dings aren't causing issues, except w your head." No dealer's gonna give you a new car. Just enjoy and fagetaboutit.

·
Super Moderator
846 Posts
its Never fun having to deal with these problems on a new car.. Hopefully you will get it resolved to your satisfaction. Sometimes it best to live with a slight defect than to try and have it ”fixed”. I found that out the hard way with a dash rattle in a G35 which I once owned for a short time.. The dealer took the dash apart to find the rattle, which they never did. They put it back together and missed several electrical connectors.. Had it back to the dealer for days before they got it right.. but not after scuffing it up and then denying it.. So it ended up worse then when I brought it in.. Hang in there..

·
Registered
155 Posts
its Never fun having to deal with these problems on a new car.. Hopefully you will get it resolved to your satisfaction. Sometimes it best to live with a slight defect than to try and have it ”fixed”. I found that out the hard way with a dash rattle in a G35 which I once owned for a short time.. The dealer took the dash apart to find the rattle, which they never did. They put it back together and missed several electrical connectors.. Had it back to the dealer for days before they got it right.. but not after scuffing it up and then denying it.. So it ended up worse then when I brought it in.. Hang in there..
Noticed a 3/8" scratch down to the primer on a new, still on the lot S10 Blazer.
3rd time I tried to pick it up the chrome bumper was 25% painted, 4th time they called I said "go take a look at it like it`s yours I'll hold", 15 minutes later he said " we need a couple more days" :LOL::ROFLMAO:

I suggest waiting till August and get some dry ice, a lot of grocery stores sell it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts