Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sometimes noticed the reverse camera is effectively useless in wet weather or if hit with enough spray. It looks like the lens doesnt get as much shelter as other makes. Has anyone experienced this problem or have a fix? Would something like RainX make any difference?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is a source of frustration for me as well. I put rain x on but it has not rained since lol

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've sometimes noticed the reverse camera is effectively useless in wet weather or if hit with enough spray. It looks like the lens doesnt get as much shelter as other makes. Has anyone experienced this problem or have a fix? Would something like RainX make any difference?
RainX might help, but I think fabricating a small hood to divert the rain around the lens might work better.
The problem seems to be that due to surface tension, hydraulics or some other physics phenomena, Big drops of water seem to stick to the lens.
I may try to make something after experimenting with RainX a little.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
msbav8r I'm guessing the lens of the camera is polycarbonate or some kind of plastic so you make sure you use RainX Plastic rather than the original formula to be safe. A hood or a flap sounds most practical. One crazy thought I had was thin flexible tubing set up next to the lens and somehow fed through the car to a pump or just under left under with a cap to blow the water away.

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
225 Posts
White = white t-shirt and she's part of an endless wet t-shirt contest right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts