Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd question for you - I had my 15,000 mile service yesterday on my 2019 Kona EV. All went well except that the car now has a faint smell of cherry in there. Not sure if it is something to do with a new cabin air filter or if it was a freshener that was put somewhere. Anyone else experienced this? Wondering if it is a standard thing or something the dealership set up. Hate the smell but can't get rid of it....ugh

·
Registered
365 Posts
I wonder if they sprayed something? The cabin filter is easy to get to, you could drop the glove compartment and pull it out and see if they sprayed it with something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Odd question for you - I had my 15,000 mile service yesterday on my 2019 Kona EV. All went well except that the car now has a faint smell of cherry in there. Not sure if it is something to do with a new cabin air filter or if it was a freshener that was put somewhere. Anyone else experienced this? Wondering if it is a standard thing or something the dealership set up. Hate the smell but can't get rid of it....ugh
Hello i have worked in Dealerships and some spray a smelly into cabin filter to enhance air pollution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello i have worked in Dealerships and some spray a smelly into cabin filter to enhance air pollution.
I wonder if they sprayed something? The cabin filter is easy to get to, you could drop the glove compartment and pull it out and see if they sprayed it with something.
Replaced mine a few weeks ago. The aftermarket part is not an exact match. So I bought the filter at the dealer. Part alone was $48. Easy job but seriously overpriced part

·
Registered
365 Posts
Ordered this one multiple times, no problems with fit - there are a couple negative reviews about it not fitting correctly, rotate it 90º.

·
Super Moderator
1,133 Posts
Replaced mine a few weeks ago. The aftermarket part is not an exact match. So I bought the filter at the dealer. Part alone was $48. Easy job but seriously overpriced part
that’s such a ripoff.. I use a non OEM and it works just as well and fits too.. for less than half cost.. I usually go OEM for parts, but not for a cabin filter priced like a Rolex..

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought a new one for mine. There are two different part numbers. I forget which one I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts