Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SE sonic silver
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and searched for a how-to on removing and replacing my orange front bumper reflectors to the white ones. I can see it from under the hood, but wonder... do I have to remove the headlight assembly to get it out, or remove the bumper? Or is there another way to remove them I'm not seeing? TYI. Here's the reflector I'm referring to.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
917 Posts
I've searched and searched for a how-to on removing and replacing my orange front bumper reflectors to the white ones. I can see it from under the hood, but wonder... do I have to remove the headlight assembly to get it out, or remove the bumper? Or is there another way to remove them I'm not seeing? TYI. Here's the reflector I'm referring to.
It is doable but really hard without removing the bumper. there are 3 phillip pan head screws on each. Just take the 5 mins to pull the front bumper off, so much easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is doable but really hard without removing the bumper. there are 3 phillip pan head screws on each. Just take the 5 mins to pull the front bumper off, so much easier.
Hi how are you are the front reflectors glued to the bumper the surround that it screws onto I mean my mums has been bumped and the whole thing has fallen out and inside the bumper I got it out and the surround isn't attached to the bumper

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
917 Posts
Hi how are you are the front reflectors glued to the bumper the surround that it screws onto I mean my mums has been bumped and the whole thing has fallen out and inside the bumper I got it out and the surround isn't attached to the bumper

Can you post a picture, i dont understand. The bumper nor the reflector is glued in.

·
Registered
2019 Kona
1 Posts
20220511 082744 001

So... adding to this thread - and I apologize for bumping this as opposed to starting a new one, but I got into a minor accident and while the front bumper suffered mostly a few minor scratches, the left side reflector does push inward. Looking under the hood, it seems like the whole piece is partly detached from the bumper. I've supplied the following Youtube video link since the forum doesn't allow for Youtube shorts to be embedded and was wondering if there's a way to fix this myself or if I'm going to need to have someone else look at it. Naturally, I would prefer the former. In any event, I would appreciate any assistance you could provide. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts