Hyundai Kona Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dealer installed remote start 2020 Kona, after 10 minutes run time the vehicle shuts off horn sounds ,wakes up neighborhood. Dealer tells me this is how it works . Why!!!! Horn sound after the remote starts , I don't need to advertise to the neighborhood that my car has shut off.
I had compustar installed, took less than 2 hrs and it has a range of .9km or 3000ft. My lights only flash once when starting and shutting off, I think you can set the horn to beep too. The timer settings are 3, 15 and 45 minutes, a bit odd intervals.

·
Registered
KONA AWD 2019 1.6T
21 Posts
Time to get a remote start system, good info on this thread so far BUT...........
Compustar dont even list Hyundais in their "build a system link", sort of proof that the Hyundai system IS Compustar despite denials by the big H.
Anyway i do like like the Compustar system, am in Australia didnt see any dealers pop up in search. I am an Avionic Tech so would like to install myself.

If anyone has installed their own Compustar could you provide some details especially T harness model number etc, best system, dont need security options

OZ

·
Registered
KONA AWD 2019 1.6T
21 Posts
This ebay store has a KONA remote start kit Fortin/EVO-ONE including T harness. my $ 300 ish so like $200 USD

Can someone provide feedback on the Fortin system ?
I see a few have been installed on this thread

OZ

·
Registered
KONA AWD 2019 1.6T
21 Posts
OK found only ONE Compustar supplier in Australia so far, bit low on stock and not sure if they have the correct T harness

So they have the T13 and G15 systems, big difference in price , can anyone provide the advantages the T13 has over the G15 other than LCD screen,
i dont need any security options

I like the idea the G15 remote is water resistant (my wife already got off my boat a few years back withe Prius FOB in her pocket!!!!)

OZ

·
Registered
KONA AWD 2019 1.6T
21 Posts
After a lot of research in Australia the best system would be the IDATASTART from IDATALINK

read why in this thread of mine in the Australia Hyundia Forum

OZ

81 - 85 of 85 Posts