Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone reprogrammed or converted the remote start so it can be used without paying for and using the BlueLink app?
The app doesn't work quite often. Either the server is down for maintenance or your password needs to be updated or it just doesn't work.
4 times this winter, I have been unable to use the remote start and warm it up.
It's frustrating that I have a remote starter in a fairly new car, but can't use it sometimes, especially when it's 18f.
And, after 3 years it's no longer free and you have to pay over $100 per year.
All of the necessary hard is already installed so I imagine someone must have gotten around to hacking it by now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I personally hate the app....have to get the keys first to be sure it is locked or wait for another minute to go through that process through the app. I miss being able to hit the key fob and it start.

·
Registered
2020 SEL Plus
4 Posts
I agree, the app completely sucks. Plus, you have to be in a service area. I live rural, and that just isn't feasible for me 80% of the time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a real remote start system installed at the dealer. Works great. Only use the hyundai app in winter cause it will turn on the heated seats. I don't pay for my app access??

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a real remote start system installed at the dealer. Works great. Only use the hyundai app in winter cause it will turn on the heated seats. I don't pay for my app access??
I use the Hyundai app for remote start and there isn't an option to turn on the heated seats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts