Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Limited EV
70 Posts
Mine has been doing the same thing on and off and when I brought it up to the dealer, technician stated there could be a bubble in the system which could cause it to heat up and they’d need it a few days to flush and refill. Msg comes and goes and it is also blue in color.

· Registered
571 Posts
The blue coolant is installed on Kona examples made after 7 March 2019. The cap won't unscrew normally to avoid confusion with the washer fluid. It has a replacement interval of 60,000 km (40,000 miles).

Prior examples like mine had green coolant with a normally-opening cap but now it's pink after the battery replacement. There's no change interval specified.

· Registered
571 Posts
There's been a report that Hyundai are working on a fix which will involve a new violet-coloured coolant. Personally I don't understand why they can't revert back to a conventional type as I doubt there is anything different about the hardware.

· Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Limited EV
70 Posts
I just got mine back after I was told, it should have the fluid flushed as there might be air in the system which can cause it to overheat and it feels totally diff. Not sure how they go about it but it was there a day and a half. The service advisor said Hyundai directly told them to use a “diff procedure” than the other Konas that had come in for the same service. Still the same blue colored fluid.

· Registered
2 Posts
I got this message on dash.........took to dealer, took 2 visits to decide to replace water pump. Anyone have this error message??
We had this issue and a little searching online convinced me it was a known problem.
This was useful as I was able to provide some evidence when we booked the car in for investigation.
Our dealer has now informed us that Hyundai have now issued a notification recognising this as a fault that should be corrected under the warranty.
The solution is to drain, flush and refill with an improved coolant that doesn't trigger a false warning.
Hopefully it will be sorted out on the next visit. They are just waiting for the material to be delivered from Hyundai.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts