Hyundai Kona Forum banner
261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
In response to questions from a new UK owner I've made up some new photos to perhaps slightly clarify the process of installing external magnets onto the filler plug.

You would want to locate and be well-familiar with the location and shape of the filler plug before venturing down with strong magnets in hand. I'm suggesting two Ø15mm magnets for the pocketed type plug or two Ø20mm for the older flat top type.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Hand Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Gas Automotive exterior

Noting of course that my filler plug is a Votex rather than the flat-top or pocketed original plug type as seen in prior photos.

·
Registered
2022 Kona Elite extended range
57 Posts
Well picked up the Kona today, got a magnet on the fill plug at 16km, tomorrow will try and get one on the drain plug. 100km at the moment.
The 20mm magnet seemed to fit really well into the recess on the head, but I didn't have time to have a good look, will check with an extension mirror tomorrow.
The car drives great, now to work out all the screens and controls. One thing I did notice, you have to be a bit careful when driving down the freeway with maximum regen on, it would be quite easy to get hit in the rear.

First service 1,500km, I'm thinking of changing the oil at 1,000.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Congratulations on the new car! The brake lights automatically go on at a certain level of regen, on my older model it was when 2 bars was reached on the power meter. If you use the left paddle hold feature to stop, they will also stay on while you're stopped.

I'll just add that I'm amazed at how quietly my Kona drives now. It almost seems that it's gotten quieter running with clean oil.

·
Registered
2020 Kona EV Limited
36 Posts
Is the Blackrock test that is suggested by folks on this thread the "Standard Analysis" test? And is it the "Transmission" test that I select? Apparently the test kit and return postal cost is free. I will give it a try.

Sorry for the basic questions. I wasn't going to test my oil but upon looking into it the test is "only" $30 US so probably worth a try. I've recycled my drain oil for the 750 mile and 3400 mile changes so it'll have to be my next one. Probably around 10K miles.
I had Blackstone test my oil. Yes, it was the same standard transmission oil test you picked. I had a very satisfactory experience with them. I sent the sample in and had results in about 10 days. After I received the report (I posted it in August), I contacted them with a couple of questions and got very quick detailed responses. I would definitely use them again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congratulations on the new car! The brake lights automatically go on at a certain level of regen, on my older model it was when 2 bars was reached on the power meter. If you use the left paddle hold feature to stop, they will also stay on while you're stopped.

I'll just add that I'm amazed at how quietly my Kona drives now. It almost seems that it's gotten quieter running with clean oil.
I was scrolling through the screens and came across trip history, I noticed the first trip from the harbour to the dealer of 16km the usage was 22Kw/100km, since then it has ranged from a low of 8 to a high of 15, obviously the delivery drivers have a whale of a time flogging the cars.:mad:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Right I have placed the magnet on the drain plug from above, just a bit of LED portable lighting, a flexible funnel spout, some blue tac sticky sort of stuff and an adjustable mirror.
Done, it is on at last, happy days. 120km

Wood Gas Font Circle Metal

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Asphalt Automotive exhaust

261 - 269 of 269 Posts