Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received an email from my local Hyundai service manager to bring my Kona in for a transmission replacement. He remembered that I have already had it replaced about a user ago, but said my name was on their list.

Has anyone else received this notice?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looked up by VIN and no recalls came up for my car. But I don't think they would have contacted me if the recall wasn't legit. He said they were giving me a rental for 3 days. Am taking it in on Monday.

On the phone he did mention that a specific part was bad. The email said the transmission would be replaced. My car has been great since the previous replacement, so this is a surprise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just received an email from my local Hyundai service manager to bring my Kona in for a transmission replacement. He remembered that I have already had it replaced about a user ago, but said my name was on their list.

Has anyone else received this notice?
What year vehicle and what transmission do you have?

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Looked up by VIN and no recalls came up for my car. But I don't think they would have contacted me if the recall wasn't legit. He said they were giving me a rental for 3 days. Am taking it in on Monday.

On the phone he did mention that a specific part was bad. The email said the transmission would be replaced. My car has been great since the previous replacement, so this is a surprise.
it must of had you in the system for the previous complaint..?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The transmission replacement took 2 weeks and the car drives even better, if that is possible. The service rep said they received a list of VINs, so it wasn't a wide recall. She thinks my car was on the list because of the original bad trans, and that the first replacement was probably still good.

Even with 2 major repairs, I'm still not sorry I bought the car. They gave me a Venue to drive and it made me appreciate the Kona even more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts