Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2020 Kona EV
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll,
I have searched high and low and have come up rather empty handed.

I've removed the rear wiper assembly. It's already done, let's please not have one of those "why would you do that" discussions here.

I need a plug to seal the hole. The hole is 22.8mm and all the plugs I have found are for 24mm+ sized holes. My previous supplier is no longer in business (which breaks my heart because they were, hands down, the best plugs ever made). To be clear, we're talking about a machined aluminum multi-piece threaded insert style, not plastic or rubber.

Has nobody deleted the rear wiper on a Kona yet? I find this hard to believe.

I'm still waiting on some email replies for some companies overseas for a custom made option. But this seems extreme to me for such a simple problem/solution.

Any input is appreciated!

· Registered
2020 Kona EV
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
KillAllWipers didn't respond to either of my two emails spaced 5 days apart requesting a solution... so I found a UK based company selling a plug on ebay that claims to fit a 22mm hole. SOOO I'll update this thread in about 2 weeks when I have something in hand.

· Registered
2020 Kona EV
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to mention that a "Pagan Pardo Antonio" commented on here a link to a KDM Parts Shop instagram and etsy page.... and that post (and user?!) does not exist anymore and I don't know why but it warrants mention for archival purposes for others seeking a solution to this issue.
On that etsy page (you must google it yourself), they have a plug that is advertised for fitment on the Kona... it's a cheapo plastic universal one that would work likely work for most. It isn't what I wanted personally and I won't be ordering it so I can't comment on fitment. But it IS a potential solution so it deserves to be mentioned here.
My plug will be arriving very shortly, according to tracking.

· Registered
2020 Kona EV
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plug has arrived and it test fits beautifully and wonderfully and I am very pleased with it. It is anodized black, which is not acceptable for outdoor use, so once it is painted, I will post pictures (or a video?!) of the installation process.

I'm pretending there are dozens of people on the edge of their seat for this information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts