Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, while driving at highway speeds (~65mph), I noticed a sound I had not heard before in my '19 Kona EV Ultimate. It sounded like something was flapping against the exterior rear portion of the roof. When I arrived at my destination, I got out to inspect the source of the noise and found that a small portion, maybe 6"-8" in length, of what appears to be weather stripping had come dislodged from the gap between the rear "spoiler" and the uppermost section of the rear gate. The weather stripping is no more than 1/4" wide and is very thin, maybe an 1/8" thick? It appears to run the length of the rear gate/width of car, and had torn on the end closest to the outside edge of the car. I ended up snapping the connected portion off so that the loose end would stop flapping and banging around, but I am now concerned with the missing piece and water possibly getting into the rear hatch area. Anyone else experienced this issue with their Kona? I'm in NC and the local dealers do not sell the EV here (we bought ours in Maryland), but I'm guessing that with this issue being part of the non-EV system, they should be able to check i tout for me. Any thoughts from the group here before I schedule an appointment with the dealership?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
This is the second weather stripping problem in this spot that has been posted here that I seen on this site, there very well could be more that I missed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the second weather stripping problem in this spot that has been posted here that I seen on this site, there very well could be more that I missed.
Thanks for the response Mainia1. I searched the forum for weather stripping, but didn't find anything so figured I'd post my issue. Sorry if this has been discussed before! I'm planning to bring it in to my local dealer to have them look at it. The car is less than a year old, so I figure I'll take advantage of the warranty while I can! I'll post back with any updates, but I'm curious to hear if anyone else has run across this problem too.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Here's what mainia1 is talking about.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's what mainia1 is talking about.
Excellent, thanks for pointing me in the right direction abjbrkt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts