Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
We are getting a ton of snow right now. Drove out in it just to see how it would do. I have FWD and it handled like a champ. Even on factory tires. I plan on getting winter tires next year but for this year it should be fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with 16” wheels and taller sidewalls. It makes the ride a little softer as you might expect but perfectly fine.
The deep stuff hasn’t arrived yet but it’s on it’s way for sure. My previous vehicle was a Jeep GC so will be interesting to see how it holds up to that reference!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
what size and brand of tire did you go with. I do a lot of snowboarding here in the PNW. Im currently looking for a good winter tire and wheel package.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with 16” wheels and taller sidewalls. It makes the ride a little softer as you might expect but perfectly fine. The deep stuff hasn’t arrived yet but it’s on it’s way for sure. My previous vehicle was a Jeep GC so will be interesting to see how it holds up to that reference!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I went with 16” wheels and taller sidewalls. It makes the ride a little softer as you might expect but perfectly fine. The deep stuff hasn’t arrived yet but it’s on it’s way for sure. My previous vehicle was a Jeep GC so will be interesting to see how it holds up to that reference!!
I think you will be fine. I went from a Jeep Patriot to the Kona in 2018 and the Kona has been a better winter vehicle. The only scenario where the Jeep might be better would be in deep snow as Jeeps have higher ground clearance and that can help. However, snow tires on the Kona will offset a lot of the ground clearance disadvantages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Limited has 18's. I went down 1 size to 215/55R17 Blizzak WS80's and wheels. Bad winter last year and they were outstanding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts