Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had my 2021 Kona EV Preferred 2 weeks.

Decided to start a series of tests and super impressed with the mileage, guess we shall see how it goes as time moves on, but this first week test was better than expected.

Ran the week in comfort with auto regeneration on and changed the default to be 2 as I find that perfect for around town and got the following.

386kms with 51kms left, average kWh was 14.4

Just charged it last night and it says 474 estimated, that I find hard to believe, but we shall see.

I live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island and we do have a number of hills, in fact I can drive from my house to downtown and actually gain juice.

So now going to do the same test in ECO and see what transpires.

Cheers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Gpitman - believe it. I had a 2019 Kona EV (a long story...if you want to read about it, see my new post), and it regularly charged to an average of 320 miles (that's not km's either). I hit a high in October 2020 of 340 miles (that would be 547 km). And I live in Southern New Hampshire, USA. During cold winters, my mileage rate would take a 10% hit, and I'd charge fully to around 300 miles. One of the reasons I LOVED my Kona until it died (like I said, long story...read the new post).

·
Registered
9/18 EU base model
178 Posts
The driving mode and regen level selected are unlikely to affect range, more so speed, ambient temp, rain and hills, in that order. All the modes do is encourage certain driving behaviour, and limit HVAC use in ECO and ECO+. Regen is fully utilised even just using the brake pedal alone.

14.4 is a pretty good result nonetheless. The Kona was rated at 15.6 here for overall efficiency but that takes into account charging efficiency which might be in the 80 to 88% range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts