Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Enjoy when you get it, you one of lucky ones to getting so soon. The dealer I am using has two N-lines in stock but no N-line ultimate which is what I want. I may be August or September before I get what I want.

Pat.
What, there are Limited and Ultimate packages on the Kona N-Lines? I thought it is Kona N-Line FWD and AWD packages and that is it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What, there are Limited and Ultimate packages on the Kona N-Lines? I thought it is Kona N-Line FWD and AWD packages and that is it?
The Hyundai Canada site shows an N-line or an N-line with Ultimate package.
N-line with delivery charges stickers $30,244 CDN
N-line with ultimate package Stickers $35,854 CDN
That's the only two options, nothing about a limited package. I don't see why they advertise the ultimate package you either buy an N-line or An N-line ultimate. The dealer has to order these for stock otherwise how could you buy one.

Pat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The Kona in the US is only offered FWD, AWD and with, or without the tech package, bumping up the sound system, display from 8 inch to the 10.25, digital gauge cluster, radar cruise, LED lights all around, high beam assist, sunroof.

All the US Pricing is not available HERE, just look for the pdf on the right hand side.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Nice combo!! So what does it sound like? Any form of deep sound coming from the exhaust or is just OEM grandpa nothing sound, like the video shows from Asia, or any form of depth like the Elantra N-Line video?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nice combo!! So what does it sound like? Any form of deep sound coming from the exhaust or is just OEM grandpa nothing sound, like the video shows from Asia, or any form of depth like the Elantra N-Line video?
In the upper range, my better half commented that she thought it sounded good. I've not really given it the full beans yet as things are breaking in. Will be doing a highway run to the beach next weekend and we'll see what it's like.

Regular road driving is incredibly average in the noise department. It's got a resonator about the size of the **** muffler.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your car looks great, enjoy. I don't know when I will be able to post a picture since deliveries are slow, due to chip shortage and covid. But I will get there eventually

Pat.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
In the upper range, my better half commented that she thought it sounded good. I've not really given it the full beans yet as things are breaking in. Will be doing a highway run to the beach next weekend and we'll see what it's like.

Regular road driving is incredibly average in the noise department. It's got a resonator about the size of the **** muffler.
So sitting and idling warm, is it as quiet as a Buick . Or does it sound like this or even a hint of it, when blipping the throttle like they did? A stock Limited or Ultimate has almost no sound, just sounds like pushing air, like grandpas Buick.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So sitting and idling warm, is it as quiet as a Buick . Or does it sound like this or even a hint of it, when blipping the throttle like they did? A stock Limited or Ultimate has almost no sound, just sounds like pushing air, like grandpas Buick.

It sounds nothing like that video, at all. Not even close.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That’s awesome man! This car is insane! I’m planning on blacking out the emblems with hyperdip and i’ll post a picture once it’s done. How do you like your N-Line so far?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
That’s awesome man! This car is insane! I’m planning on blacking out the emblems with hyperdip and i’ll post a picture once it’s done. How do you like your N-Line so far?
Dealers badge and hyperdip happened within about an hour of getting it, lol. As well as the addition of an N Line badge for the rear. Also got the ultra gauge put in all nice and tidy.

I go in for PFF and tint on Monday, and wheels and tires should be here in a couple of weeks. Bottom pic is a quick render.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealers badge and hyperdip happened within about an hour of getting it, lol. As well as the addition of an N Line badge for the rear. Also got the ultra gauge put in all nice and tidy.

I go in for PFF and tint on Monday, and wheels and tires should be here in a couple of weeks. Bottom pic is a quick render.

View attachment 5528

View attachment 5533

View attachment 5530

View attachment 5531

View attachment 5532

View attachment 5534
Bro it’s looking tough already! Were you able to hyperdip the front emblem as well? I’m thinking of doing that too, but don’t want to get it inside the grille. Man, the rims are definitely gonna be badass, I’m jealous lmao. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to get new rims or hyperdip the stock ones lol. Are you military?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Bro it’s looking tough already! Were you able to hyperdip the front emblem as well? I’m thinking of doing that too, but don’t want to get it inside the grille. Man, the rims are definitely gonna be badass, I’m jealous lmao. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to get new rims or hyperdip the stock ones lol. Are you military?

Yup, already done. I found it best to lace some shop towels in behind the grill to catch over-spray, then mask off the whole area. They recommend 6 layers, I do 8 typically. Just makes clean up easier and peeling a sure thing if you need to do so.

Please don't mind ther holes in the bumper fromthje front plate. Getting the front end prepped for Monday, and I have grey vinyl hole plugs that are going in until I figure out a better front plat option. Probably do a platypus mount, or retractable under mount.

I had originally toyed with black out just a certain section of the wheel to improve the look, but at the end of the day, I just don't like them. They had to go.

Not military. That was a lifetime ago.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
for the wheels, here's a very rough idea of what I was going to do to soften them up a bit. I think the hyperdip emralb black or just the standard plastidip would dry to a colotr that would blend in really well with the factory wheel as it's more dark grey than black:

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
21 - 37 of 37 Posts