Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With allocation cancelled by my local Hyundai dealership and nothing in the pipes until mid-September for my Kona, I almost gave up.

That is, until my connection in Colorado came through.

Just finalized the details on my 2022 Kona N Line AWD, in Thunder Grey with tech package, shipped to my driveway all at a price that is about 1K more than I had planned on spending...but with the chip shortage and the market going crazy, and considering this is coming from Colorado to Northern Virginia, I am stoked with the price.
First N Line in VA and first in Thunder Grey on the East Coast.

I name all my cars(flame away)...I have named this one Tsunami.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Nice ride!!!! I bet your a happy guy!!

In 2018, I had my car shipped in too from 900 miles away, only 4-5 silvers ones left in the country at the time.

Can you tell if the the exhaust is louder, deeper, very noticeable, too close to tell, then a regular Limited/Ultimate Kona?

·
Registered
25 Posts

In 2018, I had my car shipped in too from 900 miles away, only 4-5 silvers ones left in the country at the time.

Can you tell if the the exhaust is louder, deeper? very noticeable, too close to tell? then a regular Limited/Ultimate Kona?
Best looking 2022 I've seen. Just get the dealer badge off, spoils the look! Congrats on the new Kona N!

·
Registered
69 Posts
What is in the tech package? I’m still going for a 2022 Limited in either Thunder Gray or the new Teal Isle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Can you tell if the the exhaust is louder, deeper, very noticeable, too close to tell, then a regular Limited/Ultimate Kona?

I'll let you know as soon as I take possession, it's got to get to me first. But yes, I am stoked.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey I got my 2019 limited from Phil long... Just curious, how much did you end up paying total after everything?

·
Registered
8 Posts
With allocation cancelled by my local Hyundai dealership and nothing in the pipes until mid-September for my Kona, I almost gave up.

Why was your dealers allocation cancelled? we have about six dealers around Ottawa and all of them seem to be allocated six regular Konas. My dealer said the N-lines will be coming June-July.

Pat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why was your dealers allocation cancelled? we have about six dealers around Ottawa and all of them seem to be allocated six regular Konas. My dealer said the N-lines will be coming June-July.

Pat.

Hyundai cancelled the allocation this month which was July production and September delivery. The chip shortage is taking its toll right now. I have nothing coming in the immediate future.
That's all I got from my local guy.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Just putting it out there, if anyone is test driving new Kona's, see if you can do a side by side muffler sound of a Limited/Ultimate vs a Kona N-Line idle and a couple of blips as see if Hyundai gave the Koan a sportier sounding muffler. I saw a Korean lady give a review and rev it and it did not sound that sporty. I know the Elantra N-Line had a nice deep sound. But it definitely was loader and deeper.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I guess the video answers my question.......the is no deep sound in the new Kona N-Line, it is 100% engine sound..

2019 Hyundai Elantra N-Line exhaust sound.

2022 Kona N-Line exhaust sound.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Just finalized the details on my 2022 Kona N Line AWD, in Thunder Grey with tech package, shipped to my driveway all at a price that is about 1K more than I had planned on spending...but with the chip shortage and the market going crazy, and considering this is coming from Colorado to Northern Virginia, I am stoked with the price.
First N Line in VA and first in Thunder Grey on the East Coast.

I name all my cars(flame away)...I have named this one Tsunami.

View attachment 5389

View attachment 5390

View attachment 5391

View attachment 5392

View attachment 5394

View attachment 5393
Nice! I'm interested in the performance difference in the n line awd vs the regular 1.6 awd. I always assumed ours are just underrated for hp. As 1fast kona I believe had a dynamic the was higher than most velosters( though I think he has 2wd).
Did you test drive a 2wd did you feel a difference or measure like stoplight to a pole or to 60 even if just outlook counting lol?
Congratulations either way looks great!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice! I'm interested in the performance difference in the n line awd vs the regular 1.6 awd. I always assumed ours are just underrated for hp. As 1fast kona I believe had a dynamic the was higher than most velosters( though I think he has 2wd).
Did you test drive a 2wd did you feel a difference or measure like stoplight to a pole or to 60 even if just outlook counting lol?
I did test drive a 2020/1 "Ultimate", and while it wasn't a speed demon, it did ok for what I need. So when I found out that the new facelifts and N line were coming out, it was a no brainer with the extras that they offer, in addition to the extra 25hp.

If the **** N was coming in AWD, I would have happily waited for that...but then again, I already have a fun/toy car.

I think this will make for a fine daily driver, I'm stoked to get it. the countdown is on!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Not much, the torque is the same.
I did test drive a 2020/1 "Ultimate", and while it wasn't a speed demon, it did ok for what I need. So when I found out that the new facelifts and N line were coming out, it was a no brainer with the extras that they offer, in addition to the extra 25hp.

If the **** N was coming in AWD, I would have happily waited for that...but then again, I already have a fun/toy car.

I think this will make for a fine daily driver, I'm stoked to get it. the countdown is on!
What is the other car?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Nice. I like it. She is sure Bright! Paint or a wrap. Have you noticed are you picked out by the cops like people say who have a red car?

What year, size motor, Hp, psi boost?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice. I like it. She is sure Bright! Paint or a wrap. Have you noticed are you picked out by the cops like people say who have a red car?

What year, size motor, Hp, psi boost?
Wrap. No beef from the police, but they like to ask a lot of similar questions, lol.

2006, supercharged 1.6L with ported and polished head, upgrade injectors, cam, header, 15% reduction pulley and 14-16psi, JCW stainless exhaust, Leap rear diffuser, vented A panels with carbon inserts, dyno'd at 306 but tuned to 289 so I'm not blowing things up. Running on fully adjustable cross competition coil-overs with upgraded sway bar, M7 strut tower brace and sitting on 17 inch VOLK LE37t's. It's quick. what I loose in the straights I make up for in the turns. It just rolled over 24K original miles.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Happy to report it should be here Monday, or possibly Tuesday.

As of now, it's just getting ready to cross from Kansas to Missouri. Thanks to the Blue Link, it's fun watching it get closer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Happy to report it should be here Monday, or possibly Tuesday.

As of now, it's just getting ready to cross from Kansas to Missouri. Thanks to the Blue Link, it's fun watching it get closer.
Enjoy when you get it, you one of lucky ones to getting so soon. The dealer I am using has two N-lines in stock but no N-line ultimate which is what I want. I may be August or September before I get what I want.

Pat.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts