Hyundai Kona Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't feel bad. In 2 days, my car will have been in the shop for 10 WEEKS! And, they told me it will be another 4 weeks before the part may come in. They've done absolutely NOTHING for me. As a matter of fact, they haven't called, texted or emailed me a single time in 10 weeks other than in response to my multiple requests for an update. I've called Hyundai customer care and have been waiting for a call back for several weeks. I called the dealer's corporate office and they didn't respond at all. I'm disgusted. Will never buy a Hyundai again.
I’m so sorry. Keep fighting. I actually had to get really tough and nasty and then they finally broke down and gave me my money so that I would go away. It was a horrible picture of Burns Hyundai service manager grabbing a woman’s breast! And the idiot posted it on Facebook!! Serves him right. These people are disgusting jerks who need to be doing more for their customers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks. Not hoping for any warranty work but if I do need any I hope this also applies in Canada.

Wondering what you took your car in for and how long did it take?
I have a friend who is a manager at a Hyundai dealership in Canada , I purchased a 2021 Kona Ultimate with the 1.6 L Turbo, kind of glad I did, but this situation concerns me as a Hyundai owner, and I hope the GDI Turbo's stand up. Another thing I can't find out is if the 1.6 T is a DPI injected motor....would be nice not having to spray CRC into the intake to get rid of carbon deposits every 25,000 miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m so sorry. Keep fighting. I actually had to get really tough and nasty and then they finally broke down and gave me my money so that I would go away. It was a horrible picture of Burns Hyundai service manager grabbing a woman’s breast! And the idiot posted it on Facebook!! Serves him right. These people are disgusting jerks who need to be doing more for their customers
Wow...insane.....the proud South Korean engineers should be able to fix the 2.0 liter motor problems, they are not responsible for the conduct of the people who sell their cars...but man,,that is one twisted dude you are talking about...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to be reimbursed for their car payment while Hyundai had their car for an excessive period of time over a warranty issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much for your care and concern. I got an email from the GM of Burns Hyundai saying he will give me a check if I will leave them alone. I hate that I had to get mean and ugly but I finally got somebody’s attention. I hope other people continue to fight to get their money. It took publicly humiliating the service tech that lied to me at Burns Hyundai to get the outcome that I wanted and expected from the start. I don’t think companies like Hyundai should lie to their customers when they know that they have a problem with their engines. I also contacted a lawyer that handled the class action lawsuit. Good luck to everyone that has been swindled and cheated by Hyundai. Keep fighting the good fight. They should be ashamed of themselves for treating customers this way, ESPECIALLY during a PANDEMIC!!

How long did it take for them to send you a reimbursement check for the rental car you paid for out of pocket? My claim has been approved for the reimbursement for 6 weeks. Every time I call to see when they will mail out the check they are rude and tell me it is a process. I paid about $4000 out of pocket because they didn't have a loaner car.

Thank you so much for your care and concern. I got an email from the GM of Burns Hyundai saying he will give me a check if I will leave them alone. I hate that I had to get mean and ugly but I finally got somebody’s attention. I hope other people continue to fight to get their money. It took publicly humiliating the service tech that lied to me at Burns Hyundai to get the outcome that I wanted and expected from the start. I don’t think companies like Hyundai should lie to their customers when they know that they have a problem with their engines. I also contacted a lawyer that handled the class action lawsuit. Good luck to everyone that has been swindled and cheated by Hyundai. Keep fighting the good fight. They should be ashamed of themselves for treating customers this way, ESPECIALLY during a PANDEMIC!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
enterprise put a stolen vehicle report on my rental car paid by my hyundai engine replacement warranty except hyundai stopped paying for it 8 weeks earlier.vehicle went into shop 09/18/2021.

i paid up front in advance for a 2 week rental through enterprise (across the street from dealer) 09/22/2021 no loaners rentals available till then.

LIFE was sweet i thought OH YEA did i mention i got a call and many texts the 83rd day of first day of rental==== ((((YOUR BEING CHARGED FOR VEHICLE THEFT FOR NOT PAYING FOR AND NOT RETURNING RENTAL CAR)))===W.T.F...??? WHO WHAT WHY WHEN ????? REAL OR SCAM ??? NO CONTACT THEN TILL NOW...I DARE THEM TO SHOW ME PROOF OF ANY KIND OF CORRESPONDENCE... NOW IM LABELED AS A CAR THIEF ... WITHOUT ANY WAY TO STOP IT EXCEPT TO RETURN CAR AND BE STUCK WITH NO TRANSPORTATION (AGIAN) .

AT THAT 83RD DAY yea 83. HYUNDAI HAS STILL NOT FIX MY CAR...DID A GREAT JOB FIXING MY PAPERWORK (SARCASM).

ISSUES WITH THEM PROPERLY SUBMITTING WARRANTY DOCUMENTS....AND IM THE ONE WHO GETS SCR....WD....

Enterprise rental documents has it noted hyundai paid for only 17 days =09/22/2021--10/10/2021...??? huh i paid for those dates in advance for rental car--hence enterprise lied and changed my contract dates to help hyundai documentation dates.

Hence again i should now have a refund or credit = neither .

customer relationship from dealer and enterprise store and their detective who contacted me was very demeaning to me.

there is more to this issue that probably requires legal representation to handle.

anyway as you might guess i need help in this department

12/09/2021 car still not fix and no loaner or rental= my business is crashing more every day .

HELP ANYONE

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having a problem also getting reimbursed for rental car fees with a Hyundai Tucson that was in for warranty repairs. They had no loaners so I ended up having to rent through enterprise for I believe over a month which cost over $1500, closer to $2000. I was given Hyundai corporate's number during the rental period and had a case manager assigned and told that rental fees would be reimbursed at up to $35 a day. Now I find out Hyundai corporate is refusing to reimburse me for the rental car fees because the approval of the repairs came in after my rental period. I of course had to contact them to find out what was going on, it was just dropped and marked as a final decision. Does this make any sense? I have no control over the timing of the approval. My car was dropped off in late August and it took "them" nearly 2 months to approve it. Now there's a general recall for this issue: https://www.kbb.com/hyundai/tucson/2017/recall/

"NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID:
21V727000
Report Date:
SEP 16, 2021
Vehicles Affected:

Consequence:
A damaged engine can increase the risk of a fire or it can cause an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash.

What You Should Do:
Dealers will inspect the engine. If bearing damage is found, the engine will be replaced. Dealers will also install a software update containing a new Knock Sensor Detection System (KSDS). Repairs will be performed free of charge."

My case manager never mentioned a thing about the point at which the warranty was approved having any effect on reimbursement. At the very least they have major communication problems over there. At this point I think it's just a loss for me because it's not really worth getting a lawyer or whatever over $1500. I just wanted to post this here in case other people are running into the same thing. Collectively there could be a opportunity for reimbursement.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts