Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They don't advertise it and I think that's pretty messed up on their part for keeping this info low key, but if your car is in the shop for warranty repair work, Hyundai actually has a policy to reimburse you $35/day for a rental (basically the cheapest POS you can rent). Attached is the email from their customer support along with the representative's number that I spoke to. I wish I had known about this before I played the stupid back and forth game with the dealership stringing me along with a promise of a loaner. I wasn't sure where to post this thread because it's not really about engine/technical issues, but most people who are browsing this part of the forum probably eventually need to take their cars in to the shop so it would get the most useful visibility here. Mods please move if you feel it's necessary.

·
Registered
was: 2019 White Ultimate
345 Posts
Thanks. Not hoping for any warranty work but if I do need any I hope this also applies in Canada.

Wondering what you took your car in for and how long did it take?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Not hoping for any warranty work but if I do need any I hope this also applies in Canada.

Wondering what you took your car in for and how long did it take?
DCT [email protected] miles lol. (Look around this subforum I'm not the only one.)

It's been in there since last Fri, was supposed to be done Tues but was told "wrong part came in" (typical stall tactic). I'll let you know when I eventually get it back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I still think the car rentals are related to the dealership. I was given one even before they diagnosed the problem. As soon as they realized they were going to have to keep the car overnight, they gave me a Tuscon, which I kept for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still think the car rentals are related to the dealership. I was given one even before they diagnosed the problem. As soon as they realized they were going to have to keep the car overnight, they gave me a Tuscon, which I kept for 3 weeks.
You have a better service department than me. Today marks the 7th day they've had my car and all they did was jerk me around when it came to loaner vehicles (that's why I uncovered this $35/day rental policy). My dealer supposedly has 10 cars in their loaner fleet. Somehow they were 'always out' and I should 'call back tomorrow'. What a crock, you're telling me in 6-7 days not ONE loaner vehicle came back? I'm almost certain they have some kind of back end VIP arrangement with some customers who buy their cars specifically at this dealership. The first day I was there, when all the tech did was reset the ecu code, two older gentleman (both who came in a top end Genesis) were handed loaner keys without even asking for them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Am sorry you are having so much trouble. It's hard enough to deal with serious problems in a brand new car without having to scramble to find alternate transportation. I wasn't in a dealer loaner. Hyundai authorized a rental so the dealer was getting reimbursed for it. Not sure why your dealership is not getting the same authorization.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Am sorry you are having so much trouble. It's hard enough to deal with serious problems in a brand new car without having to scramble to find alternate transportation. I wasn't in a dealer loaner. Hyundai authorized a rental so the dealer was getting reimbursed for it. Not sure why your dealership is not getting the same authorization.
Hyundai authorizes rentals for $35/day which is what my original post was about. Now some dealers have a working relationship with Enterprise, Hertz, etc so it's kind of seamless for the customer. My dealer did not but they do have a fleet of 'loaners' (which after I spoke with the service adviser found out they are actually 'in-house rentals', meaning they get paid by Hyundai for the rental fee). Long story short I am now in one of their Sonatas and will likely be in it for the next week or two while they get a new transmission shipped here. I don't love it but it's leaps and bounds better than the POS base model Versa that I got from Enterprise for $35 lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They don't advertise it and I think that's pretty messed up on their part for keeping this info low key, but if your car is in the shop for warranty repair work, Hyundai actually has a policy to reimburse you $35/day for a rental (basically the cheapest POS you can rent). Attached is the email from their customer support along with the representative's number that I spoke to. I wish I had known about this before I played the stupid back and forth game with the dealership stringing me along with a promise of a loaner. I wasn't sure where to post this thread because it's not really about engine/technical issues, but most people who are browsing this part of the forum probably eventually need to take their cars in to the shop so it would get the most useful visibility here. Mods please move if you feel it's necessary.

View attachment 3207
Nope. I did not get reimbursed fully and they’ve been extremely rude to me. Just disappointed being a front line worker, single mom and expected to pay out of pocket b/c it took them 3 months to fix my engine, that was covered under warranty. Hyundai Sucks. Never again.

·
Registered
was: 2019 White Ultimate
345 Posts
Nope. I did not get reimbursed fully and they’ve been extremely rude to me. Just disappointed being a front line worker, single mom and expected to pay out of pocket b/c it took them 3 months to fix my engine, that was covered under warranty. Hyundai Sucks. Never again.
Sorry to hear that. Definitely need to stand up for yourself here.

Threaten the service manager about how much the media will love this story. Call the service manager and dealership out by name.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Definitely need to stand up for yourself here.

Threaten the service manager about how much the media will love this story. Call the service manager and dealership out by name.
Thank you. I’ve been standing up but it’s sad but true that people do not give a **** these days. I think they get off on it actually

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Who did you speak to? Did you call Hyundai corporate? That's who I dealt with when I needed a rental. I ended up not actually needing it because the service manager got me a loaner when I gave the service dept a negative review on their survey (apparently this survey holds a lot of weight with people higher up).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Who did you speak to? Did you call Hyundai corporate? That's who I dealt with when I needed a rental. I ended up not actually needing it because the service manager got me a loaner when I gave the service dept a negative review on their survey (apparently this survey holds a lot of weight with people higher up).
I’ve had 4 case managers. Nobody cares. Called out service manager and his gf is threatening legal action. I just have to accept the fact that they do not care. My engine was covered under warranty but not part of the recall. Hyundai doesn’t care and it draining trying to deal withassholes that done care and love to take advantage of people. During a pandemic. With a disability. Single mom. Nurse. THEY DO. NOT CARE!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I’ve had 4 case managers. Nobody cares. Called out service manager and his gf is threatening legal action. I just have to accept the fact that they do not care. My engine was covered under warranty but not part of the recall. Hyundai doesn’t care and it draining trying to deal withassholes that done care and love to take advantage of people. During a pandemic. With a disability. Single mom. Nurse. THEY DO. NOT CARE!
I am so sorry you are going through this. It sounds like an ordeal. I hope you eventually get some resolution.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sorry this is happening to you, did you try going to a different dealership? I have 3 Hyundai dealers within a reasonable driving distance, but I realize that may not be the situation for everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm sorry this is happening to you, did you try going to a different dealership? I have 3 Hyundai dealers within a reasonable driving distance, but I realize that may not be the situation for everyone.
Thank you so much for your care and concern. I got an email from the GM of Burns Hyundai saying he will give me a check if I will leave them alone. I hate that I had to get mean and ugly but I finally got somebody’s attention. I hope other people continue to fight to get their money. It took publicly humiliating the service tech that lied to me at Burns Hyundai to get the outcome that I wanted and expected from the start. I don’t think companies like Hyundai should lie to their customers when they know that they have a problem with their engines. I also contacted a lawyer that handled the class action lawsuit. Good luck to everyone that has been swindled and cheated by Hyundai. Keep fighting the good fight. They should be ashamed of themselves for treating customers this way, ESPECIALLY during a PANDEMIC!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you so much for your care and concern. I got an email from the GM of Burns Hyundai saying he will give me a check if I will leave them alone. I hate that I had to get mean and ugly but I finally got somebody’s attention. I hope other people continue to fight to get their money. It took publicly humiliating the service tech that lied to me at Burns Hyundai to get the outcome that I wanted and expected from the start. I don’t think companies like Hyundai should lie to their customers when they know that they have a problem with their engines. I also contacted a lawyer that handled the class action lawsuit. Good luck to everyone that has been swindled and cheated by Hyundai. Keep fighting the good fight. They should be ashamed of themselves for treating customers this way, ESPECIALLY during a PANDEMIC!!
Im glad you got some satisfaction. My overall belief about car dealers is the majority of them are greedy, moral-free businesses that could care less about customers versus the bottom line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im glad you got some satisfaction. My overall belief about car dealers is the majority of them are greedy, moral-free businesses that could care less about customers versus the bottom line.
Yup. It would be nice if we could all treat each other with respect, as if we are dealing with friends or family.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have a better service department than me. Today marks the 7th day they've had my car and all they did was jerk me around when it came to loaner vehicles (that's why I uncovered this $35/day rental policy). My dealer supposedly has 10 cars in their loaner fleet. Somehow they were 'always out' and I should 'call back tomorrow'. What a crock, you're telling me in 6-7 days not ONE loaner vehicle came back? I'm almost certain they have some kind of back end VIP arrangement with some customers who buy their cars specifically at this dealership. The first day I was there, when all the tech did was reset the ecu code, two older gentleman (both who came in a top end Genesis) were handed loaner keys without even asking for them.
Don't feel bad. In 2 days, my car will have been in the shop for 10 WEEKS! And, they told me it will be another 4 weeks before the part may come in. They've done absolutely NOTHING for me. As a matter of fact, they haven't called, texted or emailed me a single time in 10 weeks other than in response to my multiple requests for an update. I've called Hyundai customer care and have been waiting for a call back for several weeks. I called the dealer's corporate office and they didn't respond at all. I'm disgusted. Will never buy a Hyundai again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts