Hyundai Kona Forum banner

Proud new owners in Atlanta

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Wheat 
#1 ·
Hey all,

My gf and I have been looking at these since they were initially announced. We've enjoyed our friends' CUVs and really felt that the format would fit our lifestyle and would be a practical compliment to our other impractical cars (she's got a '96 miata that she'll never part with and I have my '85 MR2 that I will be buried in).

In driving every other CUV in our price range, however, we felt that the lack of acceleration or handling characteristics even remotely resembling something "fun" was pretty depressing, and we actually switched our search back over to sporty hatchbacks. After test driving a Mazda3, we decided to walk next door to the Hyundai dealership and test out the Kona, on a whim. They had only recently started showing up, and I had read that they were actually comparable to the CX-3 in terms of driving fun, but with a lot more pep. I drove first, and after putting it in sport mode and stomping the throttle, I turned to my girlfriend and just said "uh oh" because I knew we were going to have to get one.

Fast forward several months, and I was finally able to get the trim and color we wanted (Limited AWD in Lime Twist) at the price I was looking for and without having to fly out to pick it up. We drove it home from Tallahassee this past weekend, and man we are in love. It definitely hangs with the pack in our driveway. Pics of it lined up with our other fun cars to come soon.

Looking forward to sharing our adventures, and providing and learning all sorts of tips and tricks for maintenance, upgrades, and repairs over the next several years (decades, hopefully!) with you all.

And as a final note, to anyone who really takes performance seriously, the Gamma engine and the multi-link rear suspension that comes with the Limited AWD / Ultimate AWD are absolutely worth the money.

-Wheat

See less See more
#3 ·
Mahalo! Wife and I wanted one in this color but we settled for a white. Haven't looked back!:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.