Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a retiree and put down my deposit earlier this week for a 2019 Kona EV. I am wondering what was the experience of others who have done the same. Any idea of the paperwork processes involved as we get nearer to delivery?

I am currently on a lease with a different car and company, so I don't want to take the delivery till after June next year. Hopefully others will already have one by then and I look forward to reading about the EV. There is very little information in Canada at this point as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to the forum. And some initial reports about the EV are indicating that it should arrive sometime in December. Will this be your first hybrid/electric vehicle?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the past I often owned VW diesels but we all know how that ended up! VW bought my last one back as part of the settlement.

To be honest the settlement was fair as I saw it but at that point I promised myself to buy only an electric car as soon as one was reasonably priced and had a fair range. I have never been interested at all in hybrids. I took out the lease to get me to a time when there might be better choice of electric cars and then along came the Kona EV!

I got amazing mileage in diesels and since diesel fuel was cheaper for 70% of the time I owned my last VW (stats kept for 5 years), and insurance, maintenance and longevity were very good, I felt electric was the only way to improve things.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome and best of luck. My 2 cents, the chevy volt was the best idea so far, it ran on batteries, and gas engine would kick in when low and run vehicle ! This meant never getting stranded with low batteries power ! Also battery replacement to my limited knowledge kicks in about five years on EVs, and thousands of $$$$ cost. $5-6 k I have heard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am in your boat. My deposit is in. More of the paperwork will come from trying to get my British Columbian EV rebate and Scrap-It application. It is more complicated as we leave for winter and I don't want delivery until mid-April. Real info is hard to come by.

I did leave a link to my blog which has 1 3/4 hours of one guy's review from Scandinavia. It's under the message telling that the EPA rating is going to be 258 miles which means 415 km up here.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Congratulations,Mahalo and Welcome!!

Blessings and Peace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts