Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, being a member of many forums,, when I want to post a photo I just include the link to the Postimg website where I save all my photo albums and the photo displays, not on this forum, what amI doing wrong?

John

·
Registered
224 Posts
I normally use TinyPic, which gives me several variants. But none seem to work here whether I copy the URL directly or use the "Insert Image" (Yellow box).

For example, an image is below with the proper tags. But it doesn't show up.

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/dh4mxh.jpg

When I drag and drop from my computer it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
I normally use TinyPic, which gives me several variants. But none seem to work here whether I copy the URL directly or use the "Insert Image" (Yellow box).

For example, an image is below with the proper tags. But it doesn't show up.

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/dh4mxh.jpg

When I drag and drop from my computer it works.
When you do the yellow image box you don't need the
, just the URL.

Need a good program to reduce. What is max size or pixels ? I am still trying figure it out.
PC or Mac? If Mac, easiest to use is Preview. 900px longest edge is good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
ok pc windows 10. trying to use faststone resizer, but does not give final kb count ? Use to use a red something program for years. Was easy. Not sure if I can find the name of it.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Well if you have an IOS system use the "photos app." There is a tool box that will allow you to reduce the photo from a HD photo to a different size. If you need to open an account with Photobucket it's free and you can utilize there tools to do the same and also it will assign a URL for every dowloaded photo.

I know you see the "Image Icon" above. This is where you paste the URL. if you don't utilize it, you won't get the photo to post. It's also best to attempt to reduce the pixel size of the photo also. There is no provision for you to download the photo directly from your system. Also there are additional control in "GO ADVANCE" below the message box.:smile: The best way to copy a photo from a particular webpage, is to right click and copy the URL. This works well with IOS and I believe also with Microsoft Internet Explorer. I quit Microsoft year ago so it may be a little different now.

Hope this helps. I can go into more depth with screen shots if needs be.:wink:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
268 Posts
Found the old program " Irfan viewer", free from italy university. What I like is just put in pixel size x size and done. Now to figure out what that is for this forum site ? Not pc savy.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
As I stated, you can post HD photos but only one per message. If you down size the photos to much smaller pixel sizes you can post multiples.

Blessings and Peace

1 - 12 of 12 Posts