Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the 2019 models changing out the 12v port for dual USB what are the odds of our being able to switch them out in the 2018? Or is that more complicated than I think?

·
Super Moderator
276 Posts
With the 2019 models changing out the 12v port for dual USB what are the odds of our being able to switch them out in the 2018? Or is that more complicated than I think?
why not just get one of the cheap dual-usb to 12v adapters?
The Quick Charge unit I have installed is fully recessed and charges my devices really well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Quick Charge unit I have installed is fully recessed and charges my devices really well.
The ones I’ve seen require you to remove when not in use. Not a huge deal but if there’s a reasonable permanent fix, I’d prefer it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Exactly.. they are recessed and don’t stick out or look out of place..

·
Registered
268 Posts
How long they will last when powered on when kona running ? But cheap enough to replace. Using a dual port to power two blue led lights to lit up the area, there is so little power used these power adapters will likely outlast the led bulbs. As stated, no power when car is off. For what it is worth, I tried to look into accessing the whole dc plug unit, and it looks like a brick modular unit set in place with a power plug. Has to be connected to the display unit for the usb ports there to work, plus dc power for outlet connectors, So no way of easy access to any of it behind the plastic. Wiring is so direct, really would be tough if someone wanted to try and tap onto any of the plug wires, if they even knew which ones to tap ! My hope was thinking I could just tap onto the dc wires to power another usb adapter for center console led lite. Gave up on that.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Reactions: Funkyguitargirl

·
Registered
175 Posts
I wish there were 2 usb ports so I could plug in my flash drive for music and my phone for running android auto.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts

·
Banned
1,278 Posts

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Reactions: abjbrkt
1 - 14 of 14 Posts