Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pnwkona, do you know the 18 inch wheel weight with/o the tire?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pnwkona, is there anyway you could weigh an OEM rim, so we would know the weight? Please.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone knows the wheel or wheel and tire weight. If anyone has the combo weight Tirerack lists the OE Goodyear tire at 23# and the OE Hankook tire at 25#.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I happen to have one off (paver dropped off a truck in front of the fiance last weekend, she was able to keep the damage to just one wheel but it dented the rim and exploded the tire) and when I pick it up from the wheel repair guys and take it to get a new tire on, I'll see if they can weigh it. I'm pretty sure their balancing machine can tell you weight of wheel and wheel+tire

Hopefully I'll have an update soon

P.S. this thing looks goofy af on a donut

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A human digital scale with the difference of you and the wheel will work too if you can't find a precision scale.

·
Registered
116 Posts
28.0lbs by my measurement

Used the difference in weight on a scale technique you mentioned above, tried it on 3 different surfaces to check accuracy. 28.0 each time. This includes the valve stem and tpms

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you. I can now weigh my "spare" aftermarket rim without stem and tpms and see how much unsprung weight I dropped.

EDIT: Duh.... looked it up from the manufacture 21.08 lbs bare painted rim. 18 inch X 8.5 45mm offset.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts