Hyundai Kona Forum banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
i expect that will be resolved as more vendors sell items for the kona N. i am not in any hurry, and it typically takes some time for vendors to catch up with newer models.
A very high amount of performance parts already fit, 5/8ths of aftermarket parts on my 2018 Kona AWD 1.6T were meant for the i30 N/Veloster N, they bolted right up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i expect that will be resolved as more vendors sell items for the kona N. i am not in any hurry, and it typically takes some time for vendors to catch up with newer models.
It would be nice to see someone with a Kona N and smaller wheels just to see what it looks like. Even 18's with a bit taller sidewall would probably ride a bit more comfortable. For now Im staying with the 19's

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
It was funny to see a large group of Veloster N up for sale in the beginning when people were all into getting the car and then found out later they did not like getting beaten up with an over dampened car or too small of a car. There will be some of that here too, but not to the same degree I bet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was funny to see a large group of Veloster N up for sale in the beginning when people were all into getting the car and then found out later they did not like getting beaten up with an over dampened car or too small of a car. There will be some of that here too, but not to the same degree I bet.
I came from a car that was stiff so the ride doesn't bother me. We are just talking about options here with the car not betting on who is going to get rid of their cars. That could be said for any cars that people buy and after a while decide they dont like! Thanks for the insights.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
I came from a car that was stiff so the ride doesn't bother me. We are just talking about options here with the car not betting on who is going to get rid of their cars. That could be said for any cars that people buy and after a while decide they dont like! Thanks for the insights.
I actually think the Veloster N had a slightly more comfortable ride than the Kona N. I remember my first week with my Kona, I was like “this feels like a tractor!” Now, I’m more or less used to it, but I do keep the suspension setting to normal and it’s tolerable for me.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I actually think the Veloster N had a slightly more comfortable ride than the Kona N. I remember my first week with my Kona, I was like “this feels like a tractor!” Now, I’m more or less used to it, but I do keep the suspension setting to normal and it’s tolerable for me.
You would think Hyundai would of had one more tier softer on dampening choice then they gave people on the on all the N cars. Not hard to do, and why not. There are adjusting modules you can buy where you can program your own dampening. You can tell a German set the dampening specs for the car as they notoriously over dampen performance cars. Don't get me wrong, my Kona is very stiff, but my tires also follow the road too. Your car does soften up a bit from new, once the bushings get manipulated a bit and struts get broken in. Even though it is so very slight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would agree with using the normal setting for street driving, but still using a wheel that allows taller sidewalls , whether it is 18, 17, or even 16" . i guess that 17" is probably the lowest . i did run 16" on the 17 Elantra sport turbo with much better riding and no handling penalty

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have also gone up by 5 percent on tires with no problem. so, if you keep the 19s , you could go up to 45 ratio sides, with no problem with calibration. actually, the 17 sport got better mpg with the taller sides than the factory size indicated on the door sticker.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
does a taller tire mess with the speedo? i was thinking of getting a little bigger tires

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was told by my tire guy that the Kona N brakes might get in the way of accommodating smaller wheels...
It depends on wheel design and offset.
With 2019 STI stock 19" wheels I could not fit a post card thickness between wheel and caliper. Wheel offset was 55.
Replaced with Motegi Racing MR127 18 x 8 offset 38 and can almost put a finger between wheel and caliper.
Car looks and drives so much better than stock. Have Ohlins Road & Track coilovers so that helps.

Looks like a black KN will be delivered to a nearby dealer soon - So salesman is going to ping me to go take a look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked mine up yesterday myself! Putting too many miles on the M5 Competition. I want to keep that car for 20 years so I got this for track/commute days. Anyone know where the tuners are for this? I had a 2016 Veloster Rally Edition and I was waiting to get something quicker from Hyundai. From first drives, this seems like a special car. Just need another 2 sets of rims for snow tires and all Michelin 4S's respectively. This feels like a fast toy! Nothing like the M5 Competition, but it's more fun. It's always more fun driving a slow car fast, so I look forward to it! Cheers!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Just picked mine up yesterday myself! Putting too many miles on the M5 Competition. I want to keep that car for 20 years so I got this for track/commute days. Anyone know where the tuners are for this? I had a 2016 Veloster Rally Edition and I was waiting to get something quicker from Hyundai. From first drives, this seems like a special car. Just need another 2 sets of rims for snow tires and all Michelin 4S's respectively. This feels like a fast toy! Nothing like the M5 Competition, but it's more fun. It's always more fun driving a slow car fast, so I look forward to it! Cheers!

View attachment 6841
Congratulations on your new N! Funny you mentioned M5 Comp.. I spent a week with a X3M Comp and honestly felt like the Kona N was more enjoyable, even though the BMW had over 200 more horsepower and tons more grip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmm... According to this video the Kona N can detect an upcoming S-bend by reading the road sign and prompt you to select N mode... I think the reviewer is mistaken as there are no front cameras on the Kona N. Maybe in Europe?

Sorry for the late reply...
Yes, ist does in Europe. Have such a sign short before home. Meanwhile i'm acustomed to it that the ding-ding sound ist not an alert. Front cam is included in all Kona N's here

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Road ready 36K €, 19% sales tax included. But that was a bargain because I ordered already last summer. I think meanwhile you can add at least 10% - thanks to the shortage of everything.
That’s about $38,000 USD. Considering that’s close to how much I paid with a 6.5% sales tax, you got a very good deal…. Besides the front facing camera, I’m assuming your car also get a sunroof, heated steering wheel, ventilated seats, and prob adaptive cruise control as well?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s about $38,000 USD. Considering that’s close to how much I paid with a 6.5% sales tax, you got a very good deal…. Besides the front facing camera, I’m assuming your car also get a sunroof, heated steering wheel, ventilated seats, and prob adaptive cruise control as well?
No, I decided against the sunroof. But all the rest is in it, plus HUD, heated rear seats, both front seats electric, lane change warning and warning for crossing traffic wegen backing out of a lot.

141 - 160 of 164 Posts