Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My phone connected to my car via Bluetooth as normal what was not normal was my phone calls. I have had no problem with my car and phone connecting to each other until now.

Trying to dial a number and the car would say "Dialing Unsuccessful--Check your phone." As soon as I picked up my phone and dialed the number, the call went through. I was in a mountainous region, but all my car phone calls are in the mountains.

I am now trying to figure out if the issue is with the phone or the car. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
356 Posts
What phone are you using? What OS? It is likely the phone, a new update would be my guess. First thing you should always do in that situation is power cycle the phone and if it persist delete the pairing in the phone and head unit then pair it again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What phone are you using? What OS? It is likely the phone, a new update would be my guess. First thing you should always do in that situation is power cycle the phone and if it persist delete the pairing in the phone and head unit then pair it again.
It is a Pixel 4XL, I did power cycle the phone and deleted the pairing. We will see if it works when driving again. It did just happen after an update to Android 11.

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
My phone connected to my car via Bluetooth as normal what was not normal was my phone calls. I have had no problem with my car and phone connecting to each other until now.

Trying to dial a number and the car would say "Dialing Unsuccessful--Check your phone." As soon as I picked up my phone and dialed the number, the call went through. I was in a mountainous region, but all my car phone calls are in the mountains.

I am now trying to figure out if the issue is with the phone or the car. Any thoughts.
is the phone unlocked ? sometimes I have to unlock my phone, enter password, face recognition .. before it will go to carplay or allow me to enter something... ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts