Hyundai Kona Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Barb, to be honest, I can"t remember if riser kit had had a 2nd hole . After installing them , I was not worried about stability . The risers seem quite durable and have had no problems with them at all . When I sit in passenger seat I don"t feel like I'm in a hole . As far as warranty goes , someone said that it would not void warranty . There are two sites on this Kona forum regarding seat risers .If you see some of the pictures that other owners have used for so-called homemade riser kits .you will be happy with the srautoshop risers .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kona seat riser for rear passenger seat.

Is the pin in the seat rail just used for assembly? Is the pin critical or needed in putting in the SRAUTOSHOP risers?

·
Registered
202 Posts
nana2c2008# and tenyearsafter can you answer my question,

I ordered the Kona risers from Srautoshop. I got them today but my concern is the rear riser doesn't have a hole for the pin. I called the people I ordered it from (LA) and the product came from SRAUTOSHOP.

Did your rear riser have a 2nd hole to fit over the pin?

He told me it would fit and not to worry about the pin. The pin is there for a reason. To add extra stability in case of an accident. I would think this would invalidate the warranty.

Hope you can tell me how your risers are working out.
"I would think this would invalidate the warranty."

What part would lose its warranty?
I made our raisers before these were available and didn't reuse the factory bolts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm not using the factory bolts. I was told by SRAUTOSHOP that the pin was used as a guide to install the seat rail and even though it's part of the car body that was it's only purpose and not really necessary using his riser.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What about a car accident and the seat was dislodged and the person got killed? I'd be responsible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is there anyway to buy a adjustable seat for the passenger from Hyundai? One from there right hand drive vehicle?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Is there anyway to buy a adjustable seat for the passenger from Hyundai? One from there right hand drive vehicle?
I dont see why not, seats only gonna cost about $800 for cloth, and $1k for leather. However, the passenger weight sensor will be missing, and may cause issues with the air bag system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

I'm one of the happy ones who just installed the seat risers from SWAUTOSHOP. I initially had an issue with cross threading and was going to send the kit back but I talked to Chris who sells the kits and he thought it was an alignment problem. When you loosen the bolts the rail has a tendency to move a little bit. Just make sure to follow the instructions. I greased the threads with Lithium grease to make sure I wouldn't cross thread them. The front risers are 1" and the rear riser is 1 1/2". I payed $80 for the kit. Chris also works with a guy in LA, K5/Optima but it's Chris who sells the risers to him.

Chris is a very nice guy to work with. Good Luck

I used an E12 star socket to remove the factory bolts.
Chris supplies 4 hex head 2 70mm 10.9 tensile strength. 1.25 fine thread for the rear and
2 60mm 10.9 tensile strength. 1.25 fine thread for the front.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heel tevreden met de Kona Fashion 1.0.
Hiervoor had ik een I20. Omdat ik hierover erg enthousiast was heb ik te snel de Kona aangeschaft.
De bijrijdersstoel is niet in hoogte verstelbaar en echt te laag, zeker voor een auto die ik koos vanwege de hoogte. De dealer kan/mag dit niet aanpassen. Een gecertificeerd bedrijf rekent hiervoor € 400,-. Prettiger, veiliger zicht op de weg, makkelijker in- en uitstappen. Voor een bijrijder met lengte van 168 cm is het zonnescherm is nu wel bruikbaar. Door de hogere zit kan de stoel verder naar voren; gunstig voor de knieën van de achterpassagier, die nu ook in hoogte meer voetruimte heeft. Vreemd dat bij het ontwerp hiermee geen rekening is gehouden.
De Kona is zuinig; op vakantie bij een kruissnelheid van 100 km, verbruik beter dan 1:19 gemiddeld
In het slechte handboek zijn alle Kona's uitgelegd; indien van toepassing...????, met ten overvloede alle basiseisen van het rij-examen. Zoek het maar uit!
Toch blij met mijn aankoop. 9 mnd (20.000 km)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Heel tevreden met de Kona Fashion 1.0.
Hiervoor had ik een I20. Omdat ik hierover erg enthousiast was heb ik te snel de Kona aangeschaft.
De bijrijdersstoel is niet in hoogte verstelbaar en echt te laag, zeker voor een auto die ik koos vanwege de hoogte. De dealer kan/mag dit niet aanpassen. Een gecertificeerd bedrijf rekent hiervoor € 400,-. Prettiger, veiliger zicht op de weg, makkelijker in- en uitstappen. Voor een bijrijder met lengte van 168 cm is het zonnescherm is nu wel bruikbaar. Door de hogere zit kan de stoel verder naar voren; gunstig voor de knieën van de achterpassagier, die nu ook in hoogte meer voetruimte heeft. Vreemd dat bij het ontwerp hiermee geen rekening is gehouden.
De Kona is zuinig; op vakantie bij een kruissnelheid van 100 km, verbruik beter dan 1:19 gemiddeld
In het slechte handboek zijn alle Kona's uitgelegd; indien van toepassing...????, met ten overvloede alle basiseisen van het rij-examen. Zoek het maar uit!
Toch blij met mijn aankoop. 9 mnd (20.000 km)
Just so nobody reports this as spam, Google translate shows this:

Very satisfied with the Kona Fashion 1.0.
Before this I had an I20. Because I was very enthusiastic about this, I bought the Kona too quickly.
The passenger seat is not adjustable in height and really low, especially for a car that I chose because of the height. The dealer cannot / may not adjust this. A certified company charges € 400 for this. More pleasant, safer view of the road, easier entry and exit. The awning can now be used for a co-driver with a length of 168 cm. The higher seat allows the chair to move forward; favorable for the knees of the rear passenger, who now also has more foot room in height. Strange that this was not taken into account in the design.
The Kona is economical; on vacation at a cruising speed of 100 km, consumption better than 1:19 on average
All the Kona's are explained in the bad handbook; if applicable ... ????, with all the basic requirements of the driving test. Find it out!
Still happy with my purchase. 9 months (20,000 km)

41 - 53 of 53 Posts