Hyundai Kona Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I also have a Kona but its a 2019, recently i could hear the engine making a funny noise and when i checked my oil it was way below the low mark on the dip stick. I was curious to know if this is a normal problem with these cars, as i also have a steering problem where the steering wheel is grinding and have been told it needs a new steering arm and this is becoming a common fault right across Hyundai, specially with the Kona's. My car has only just clicked over 40,000kms.
Hi,
I also have a Kona but its a 2019, recently i could hear the engine making a funny noise and when i checked my oil it was way below the low mark on the dip stick. I was curious to know if this is a normal problem with these cars, as i also have a steering problem where the steering wheel is grinding and have been told it needs a new steering arm and this is becoming a common fault right across Hyundai, specially with the Kona's. My car has only just clicked over 40,000kms.
Hi,
Hi, We have a 2020 Kona barely one year old. Engine sounded like a truck from day one, loses 1 litre of oil every 1,000 km. We just returned from dealer and after a quick inspection, they are making a request to Hyundai Canada to replace the “short block” on the engine. Apparently it is a common issue, but not common enough for a recall.
I suggest you go to your dealer immediately. They will insist on an “oil consumption” test (return every 1000 km for them to check oil level). We did not have to do that because I already had proof (photos every week of dip stick and mileage). KEEP FIGHTING FOR THEM TO FIX THIS. Once warranty expires, you will be out of luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with their oil burning fast? I have a 2020 with about 20,000 miles on it and it's burnt up all of the oil my last 2 oil changes and I'm positive it isn't due to a bad oil change. They are making me go through the oil test where I go back every 1,000 miles and today was my first time going back for the first 1,000 miles and they said that it was down a quart and that that's considered normal. But I've had other people tell me that that is burning too fast.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone else had problems with their oil burning fast? I have a 2020 with about 20,000 miles on it and it's burnt up all of the oil my last 2 oil changes and I'm positive it isn't due to a bad oil change. They are making me go through the oil test where I go back every 1,000 miles and today was my first time going back for the first 1,000 miles and they said that it was down a quart and that that's considered normal. But I've had other people tell me that that is burning too fast.
My Kona is currently in the shop it went through 3.5 quarts of oil in 4,000 miles. I now have to do the oil consumption test. I only have 12,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My cars been in the shop for 3 weeks. They have not said one way or another on what they are going to do. One more week and the lawyers are going to get involved

·
Registered
3 Posts
My cars been in the shop for 3 weeks. They have not said one way or another on what they are going to do. One more week and the lawyers are going to get involved
If you have even experiencing knocking and oil loss, then probably same issue as mine. Apparently Hyundai will be issuing recalls this month

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. My daughter has a 2020 Kona and it was down 2qts. after driving it for 4months, and then again same thing this month! Not normal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have a 2020 Kona SEL 12000 miles. Last oil change 2 months ago or 4000 miles. I too noticed the engine getting noisy, checkEd oil 2 quarts low WTF ? No warning lights or nothing. This car will tell you what time to take a ****, yet doesn’t know its run out of oil. I am waiting for a call from the dealer.
Same exact thing happened to my daughter! No check engine either!! And the dealer she bought it from sold and no longer sells Hyundai!

·
Registered
2020 Kona sel chalk white
5 Posts
Dealer just called, Getting new motor and loaner Finally !!
Hi I’m glad your getting the new motor!! There is a recall for the piston rings that contributes to oil consumption and engine noise and I believe they will be sending out mail to all of us that are Kona owners. I hope we’re all lucky and get our engines replaced if they need to be.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts