Hyundai Kona Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Update wheels ordered 19x8.5 ET 40 tires 245/40/19, stage 2 sxth tune ordered, HPFP ordered. Looking at my options for springs. Debating if I should get primery down pipe from sxth now or later on.
Automotive tire Hubcap Wheel Alloy wheel Tread
Product Font Material property Electric blue Transparency

· Registered
209 Posts
To me all mods have to improve the car performance.

For instance, just swapping wheel isn't a mod unless the new wheel is an ultra light weight wheel. Tires are the same, they have to be better than what is already on the car for grip.

If I was adjusting the car suspension I would forgo springs and get Fortunte Auto coilvers.

I personally am not moddying my car due to the simple fact I don't want to look for a local shop that would provide me an annual inspection sticker. Staying stock I know I can get one from my local Hyundai dealership.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
To me all mods have to improve the car performance.

For instance, just swapping wheel isn't a mod unless the new wheel is an ultra light weight wheel. Tires are the same, they have to be better than what is already on the car for grip.

If I was adjusting the car suspension I would forgo springs and get Fortunte Auto coilvers.

I personally am not moddying my car due to the simple fact I don't want to look for a local shop that would provide me an annual inspection sticker. Staying stock I know I can get one from my local Hyundai dealership.
To each its own and I change parts in all my cars and its never only about performance since I also go to car shows. Not sure of your location but NY you could get inspection with all the mods im putting in any dealership if needed.

· Registered
209 Posts
To each its own I change parts in all my cars and it never only about performance since I also go to car shows. Not sure of your location but NY you could get inspection with all the mods im putting in any dealership if needed.
If you buy the right part you can do both for car shows and performance. For instance a good set of coilovers can cover both performance enhancement and improve the look of the car by dropping it. Same with rims and even tires.

As for your rims, I like those and since they are flow form/forge cast they should be lighter than the stock cast rim.

As for lowering springs; I personally would go H&R over all others. Though I believe the coilovers would provide the best for performance and look as it would allow for even more adjustment than just changing your springs.

The downpipe is against the law where I live; that has to be stock. I know plenty of people in my area that do modify their car and some shops will pass the inspection. If a car gets ticketed for an inspected item, say exhaust, the shop that passed it will loose their license to inspect cars; therefore many shops won't provide an inspection sticker for cars that have been modified. Been done that road before; it's why I like the Kona N, sounds great stock.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
If you buy the right part you can do both for car shows and performance. For instance a good set of coilovers can cover both performance enhancement and improve the look of the car by dropping it. Same with rims and even tires.

As for your rims, I like those and since they are flow form/forge cast they should be lighter than the stock cast rim.

As for lowering springs; I personally would go H&R over all others. Though I believe the coilovers would provide the best for performance and look as it would allow for even more adjustment than just changing your springs.

The downpipe is against the law where I live; that has to be stock. I know plenty of people in my area that do modify their car and some shops will pass the inspection. If a car gets ticketed for an inspected item, say exhaust, the shop that passed it will loose their license to inspect cars; therefore many shops won't provide an inspection sticker for cars that have been modified. Been done that road before; it's why I like the Kona N, sounds great stock.
Cool yes coilovers are always best for sure but not much options for the Kona yet. Springs I always use eibach but I think I’m getting H&R this time around. Man that sucks about the down pipes. It’s posible I get another set of wheels for track.

· Registered
209 Posts
Cool yes coilovers are always best for sure but not much options for the Kona yet. Springs I always use eibach but I think I’m getting H&R this time around. Man that sucks about the down pipes. It’s posible I get another set of wheels for track.
The only option I have found for coilovers are the Fortune Auto and overall they are fairly decent setup for the price. As for the downpipe, it not just the downpipe, its any of the exhaust. Finding a car like the N models that are track ready without needing mods that more than likely would cost me an inspection sticker is why I bought the KN in the first place. I was trying to get an EN but couldn't find one locally. Others cars I considered was the Stinger GT2, Genesis G70 3.3T, BMW M2 Competition, WRX GT, etc... but when comparing overall value and performance you can't really competitive with Hyundai N models especially if you can pick one at or below invoice pricing, and I haven't stopped smiling since. Even on icy roads the car is a blast to drive. In fact, I just got back from such a trip.

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The only option I have found for coilovers are the Fortune Auto and overall they are fairly decent setup for the price. As for the downpipe, it not just the downpipe, its any of the exhaust. Finding a car like the N models that are track ready without needing mods that more than likely would cost me an inspection sticker is why I bought the KN in the first place. I was trying to get an EN but couldn't find one locally. Others cars I considered was the Stinger GT2, Genesis G70 3.3T, BMW M2 Competition, WRX GT, etc... but when comparing overall value and performance you can't really competitive with Hyundai N models especially if you can pick one at or below invoice pricing, and I haven't stopped smiling since. Even on icy roads the car is a blast to drive. In fact, I just got back from such a trip.
If you’re happy that’s all that matters. I’m coming from a stinger and I could say that is truly my favorite car but I love my Kona n. If you look at my IG you could see all the parts I had on my stinger. Planing to do the same with Kona n.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts