Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody picked up Kona N a few weeks ago and can’t wait to start modifications like I did for my Kia stinger. Please follow in IG for a follow back NY1KONAN.
My wish list
Catch can
Tune
Intake
Motor mount
BOV
Springs ( waiting for eibach)
Down pipe
Axle back
High pressure fuel pump
Carbon steering wheels and dash trim
Engine bay carbon parts

Post your wish list!
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
2022 kona n
10 Posts
Hey NY1KONAN, what part of New York are you in? I am in Spencerport near Rochester. I see you have the front license plate and bracket. When I bought mine in Feb it had no bracket for the plate. I said to the salesman when I come back to pick it up I will install the bracket myself, which of course which I was NOT going to do. Soooo pickup the car day comes and of course the bracket is installed with 2 holes in the bumper?!! Need less to say I was pissed along with the salesman. Fast forward 2weeks and I drop off Kona to get the holes filled. 1 week goes by and I get the call to her up. On f-ing believable!!
They installed a brand new front bumper!!! So I am riding holeless!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey NY1KONAN, what part of New York are you in? I am in Spencerport near Rochester. I see you have the front license plate and bracket. When I bought mine in Feb it had no bracket for the plate. I said to the salesman when I come back to pick it up I will install the bracket myself, which of course which I was NOT going to do. Soooo pickup the car day comes and of course the bracket is installed with 2 holes in the bumper?!! Need less to say I was pissed along with the salesman. Fast forward 2weeks and I drop off Kona to get the holes filled. 1 week goes by and I get the call to her up. On f-ing believable!!
Hey I’m like 5 hours from you in westchester county. Glad they took care of you but I need the license plate around here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello everybody picked up Kona N a few weeks ago and can’t wait to start modifications like I did for my Kia stinger. Please follow in IG for a follow back NY1KONAN.
My wish list
Catch can
Tune
Intake
Motor mount
BOV
Down pipe
Axle back
High pressure fuel pump
Engine bay carbon parts

Post your wish list! View attachment 7213
Your stock fuel pump is fine no need to change.I have the catch can and sixth motor mount have not installed yet and its a nice mount. Sixth or RPM performance out of the UK makes a nice down pipe.You do have a list there start by saving up around 5K that's the ball park for getting the mods done that you are wanting.remember NY pass with in the last 6 months that its illegal to modify the exhaust system so keep your stock unit to change back to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Catless downpipe, pro tune, 18 inch wheels, lowering springs.
Catless will throw a CEL you can get the down pipe setup with cats that are 200 to 250 cell count and they work just fine you will still have great acceleration.When I had my SRT4 I did a magnaflow metal race cat 200 cell if pulled hard felt like another 10 to 15 HP..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your stock fuel pump is fine no need to change.I have the catch can and sixth motor mount have not installed yet and its a nice mount. Sixth or RPM performance out of the UK makes a nice down pipe.You do have a list there start by saving up around 5K that's the ball park for getting the mods done that you are wanting.remember NY pass with in the last 6 months that its illegal to modify the exhaust system so keep your stock unit to change back to.
fuel pump is a most after 320 hp to run smooth and yes need to keep saving money to get everything but most importantly is to enjoy the process. In my stinger it was over 10k invested. NY new law I’m aware but it’s like tints I still have them but you need to pay to play.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Catless will throw a CEL you can get the down pipe setup with cats that are 200 to 250 cell count and they work just fine you will still have great acceleration.When I had my SRT4 I did a magnaflow metal race cat 200 cell if pulled hard felt like another 10 to 15 HP..
Pro tune eliminates code. My stinger had no cats and tune never had problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Amazing Customer Service, you should post the name of the Dealership!

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
949 Posts
My wish list
Catch can
Tune
Intake
Motor mount
BOV
Down pipe
Axle back
High pressure fuel pump
Engine bay carbon parts

Post your wish list! View attachment 7213

You wont need a HP fuel pump for a long while.

I would recommend a dual catch can setup.

And careful with carbon fiber engine parts, they are almost always hydrodipped fake looking CF or fiberglass thats wrapped in CF. The engine heat will shorten the life of most CF parts unless you use a high temp epoxy with an autoclave.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You wont need a HP fuel pump for a long while.

I would recommend a dual catch can setup.

And careful with carbon fiber engine parts, they are almost always hydrodipped fake looking CF or fiberglass thats wrapped in CF. The engine heat will shorten the life of most CF parts unless you use a high temp epoxy with an autoclave.
Catch cans get here this week. On this car after 320 hp you need the HPFP for the to continue to push smooth. I’m not going crazy on carbon this time around if you look at my IG NY1KONAN I had my stinger with a lot of carbon parts and never had problems including engine bay.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
949 Posts
Catch cans get here this week. On this car after 320 hp you need the HPFP for the to continue to push smooth. I’m not going crazy on carbon this time around if you look at my IG NY1KONAN I had my stinger with a lot of carbon parts and never had problems including engine bay.

Wow, that less than the 1.6t high pressure fuel pump, strange. The lift pump needs to be changed about the 350hp mark, while the high pressure mechanical pump needs to be changed at about 490hp on the 1st gen kona's.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts