Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had one fitted to their kona yet?

Seems like there is a local manufacture in Australia making on that is ADR compliant. (our design rules)

Looks pretty good

https://www.ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?...3849&SEARCH2.x=29&SEARCH2.y=10&SEARCH2=SEARCH

They also do full size bull bars, but I don't need one of those.

The nudge bar's are usually to stop frontal impacts with our wildlife also taking out your radiator!

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Now you can push a cop car out of the way when you see one broke down!:grin:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
244 Posts
Those considering one will have a challenge in the fact you have to have someone fabricate you mounting points and as in one picture you will have to cut into the bumper cover for mounting points. Also note before venturing into these your Insurance will not pay for the additional damage that these cause if in any accident to your vehicle in the US. So before spending if any indication close to what one for a Subaru costs is over 500 and then shipping costs.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Also the extra package with front braking effect has two sensors in lower bumper zone, this may totally make them in effective ? All the new safety features are reforming what we grew up as "cars", now electronic gizmo's ! Last 30 years plus, no place to mount extra stuff, 8 track player, cassette player, cb radio, etc. LOL. Most young drivers today never heard of a Station Wagon ! A Bug ! Beetle ! etc. What is a 287, 327, Holley carb !

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Thanks for the comment but the sensors in the front, are located in the middle lower portion of the facia, so it wouldn't effect either. :smile: pnwkona you are correct, so it's something to consider for sure.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
244 Posts
Also most individuals who have bull bars etc get a false sense of security thinking it will make the vehicle stronger but more so increases the damage to said vehicle and the one they hit also to many then think they have a big rig with the bar on or again feel it helps it you hit a deer but you will loose against a Elk or bigger.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
This one I like!! Thanks for sharing BlackBetty. Wonder if they will offer it in the US?

Blessings and Peace

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This one I like!! Thanks for sharing BlackBetty. Wonder if they will offer it in the US?

Blessings and Peace
Order is placed.

4 Hours to install :-/

I would assume this one is made by a local manufacturer, the same as our towbar is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts