Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
what i really find anoying in my KonaEV is the way to start Cruise Control. In other cars you just tip "Set" an then cruise control is running with the actual speed. It can be that easy.
And please: the fact that you can set a "maximum speed" at the same way is no argument, because users who use this have the same problem.

So: it would be nice, if, for example, it thee would be a setting like "start Cruise-Control with SET".

Kind regards, Christoph

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes that would be easier. I also find I sometimes get an error like “unable to use active cruise control - precondition not met”, but I cant work out which precondition is missing/wrong 🧐
Any clues?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes that would be easier. I also find I sometimes get an error like “unable to use active cruise control - precondition not met”, but I cant work out which precondition is missing/wrong 🧐
Any clues?
You have to press the toggle downwards, not up, to start and set the initial speed. I had the same quandary until I figured it out. Certainly not like my other car...

·
Registered
46 Posts
You have to press the toggle downwards, not up, to start and set the initial speed. I had the same quandary until I figured it out. Certainly not like my other car...
Yep, doing that. Works most of the time, but occasionally the error msg comes up 😜

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure what the issue is here. Most cruise controls I have used for 30 years, step 1 is to power the cruise on, step 2 is to set the desired speed, then there is a + and a - and a resume. Same as with my Kona. Did you read the instructions in the manual? The steering wheel also has labels at the controls. Look on the right side for "cruise", "set", "resume". Many times, I enjoy setting at present speed, then increasing the set a few mph, and letting the car follow the car ahead without me having to touch the accelerator or brake, even in heavy traffic. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any clues?
Yes, I've had the same problem, haven't figured out what the preconditions are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what the issue is here. Most cruise controls I have used for 30 years, step 1 is to power the cruise on, step 2 is to set the desired speed, then there is a + and a - and a resume. Same as with my Kona. Did you read the instructions in the manual? The steering wheel also has labels at the controls. Look on the right side for "cruise", "set", "resume". Many times, I enjoy setting at present speed, then increasing the set a few mph, and letting the car follow the car ahead without me having to touch the accelerator or brake, even in heavy traffic. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the information - but that shows a bit what i mean:
just press "Set" and that's it. (That triggers: Speed control starts and takes the actual speed.) Could be so easy. One tip.

In Kona: 4 Steps. Every day. Every carstart. ... could be easier, that's what i meant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Turning on Cruise Control and setting speed are two deliberate acts.
This makes it safer for drivers who unintentionally bump the set switch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, doing that. Works most of the time, but occasionally the error msg comes up 😜
Yep - I've had that happen ONCE so far. It was very strange. I couldn't seem to clear it until I turned off the car. It worked fine again after that. And I do agree with others - activating CC could be a simpler implementation... However I'm used to it now after a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts