Hyundai Kona Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,217 Posts
Dealer got the part in the next day. I am taking back next week to have it replaced. The Parts Manager told me its about $11xx Part.
so is it the motor and gear assembly that is being replaced ? Because of the motor? Or is it the spring going bad ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
All I know is (Phone conversation) that its a $1200 Part. And several hours to replace. My Appointment is on Thursday

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Dealer is replacing the Steering Column. Does Not include the Motor for $1200 Part. Warranty Repair. I have a picture on my phone.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I hope mine goes out right before my warranty goes out. Thanks for the picture, it is nice to see it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Noise is gone now. For how long???

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have a question about the Steering Wheel Lock. I pull straight into a spot. Turn off the car and pull the key. And can turn the wheel about 1/2 turn before it locks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I just noticed an issue Locking the doors with the Key. I turn the key, And only the Drivers door locks/unlocks. Can't find any settings in the DIC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all. My 19 Kona has just under 8300 Miles. Today I started hearing a Whiny sound. Coming from the steering column. Have a recording on my phone. Having trouble uploading it. Its a MP4 file.
My 2019 Kona Ultimate that is exactly one year in use and only has 5,000 miles, suddenly developed a scratchy sound from the steering wheel.
My Hyundai service tech told me that he has heard this before and that I needed a new worm gear. Its on order for me but currently on backorder.
Seems other KONA jockeys hav ethe same problem. No big deal, itll get fixed.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
They changed the Column about 7k miles ago. Quiet now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Here I am now with 21k Miles. And Another Noise in my Steering Column. Actually has been happening since before the Piston Ring Recall Announcement. I'm going to have them look at Both when they get around to it. Unless the Marble rolling around sound gets worse.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I still have my noise, I listen to the stereo while I drive, so I rarely hear it.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts