Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, do not know if I posted in right place, so forgive if duplicated. First Hyundia in my lifetime, a Kona SEL thunder gray, 2.0 with safety package. Replaced a 2007 Matrix theroy toyota with 183k miles and still running good. Just needed a run about vehicle, Outback, colorado pickup and two motorcycles besides. Shocked over the sticker price at the end, only spent $21k on matrix ten years ago, lol. Even fully loaded outback 2012 was only 32K. Enough of that. Kona seems taller then matrix, but half the cargo area with seats up. Knew nothing about the Kona or even hyundia vehicles when I stopped at dealership, so got this really blind . If I knew it was out only since march, may have not bought it. Got burned before by first year production buy, Own it now ! Very disappointed that no service shop manuals are sold anymore ! As an old service person, have little trust in mankind being honest ! Lots of people today have NO morals it seems. Just my perspective. About ten days now, and still adjusting to Kona. Hate the issue of trying to use a GPS unit, do not use a smartphone. Never wanted a moon roof, no option of gps in radio, and the cruise follow options not available either, except ultimate model. The turbo was really a boost, but so many stories of repairs on turbos in my memory of all brands, scared of getting it. Even with warranty hyundai has ! Wanted lighter silver stone, but none on lot. So on with the toys now, ordered maxiliner cargo mate that fits great, weather tech front and rear mats, center console box, stop drop cushions that slide between seats , scangauge2, elbow cushions, center console top cushion. Considering the mud flaps stock, and dimming mirror. Thanks to all who posted about items to add, found half of them on this forum !

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats on the new Kona and welcome to the forum! Since this powerplant was taken from the Hyundai Veloster, I don't think there will be nearly as many first generation problems that are typically seen on a brand new model.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Mahalo and Welcome

Blessings and Peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts