Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 18 inch tires were horrible in snow, and finding just snow tires too expensive. So went with 16x7 rims and Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 in 215/65R16. I can run these longer and not have to worry about switching over at a certain time.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
The 18 inch tires were horrible in snow, and finding just snow tires too expensive. So went with 16x7 rims and Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 in 215/65R16. I can run these longer and not have to worry about switching over at a certain time.
They look good too !! Yokohama makes some great tires..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Those are the same wheels I got for my winters, I went with 16's because they give you a taller side wall that will help keep the wheels safer from potholes vs. the low profile 18's...

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Taking in consideration, the sidewall height of the tires, this would be an excellent option/alternative for pot hole infested roads and off road excursions in general. More tire and rim protection and they don't look half-bad either.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the rims and sensors from Tire Rack. Had my friend's shop mount the tires on them and didn't have to do anything for the TPMS. They thought I'd possibly have to take them to the dealer for a re-learn, but so far no lights on. I haven't tried to let out air to see if they work like they should but I usually don't really on a sensor to tell me my tires are low.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What offset are the rims? Looks great by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
looks great, can you tell me all the specs you went with here? Tire size, wheel size, offset, etc
thanks
215/65R-16 FALKEN WILDPEAK A/T TRAIL XL and the rims are 16x7 Offset: 40mm. Pretty smooth driving so far and it takes the potholes perfectly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts