Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

In a rush, but after much research and some spreadsheets, I decided the Kona was the only choice I had in the now crowded raised-hatch market (only downside spec-wise is ground clearance). I had a flatbed delivery from another state (because AWD isn't sold in SoCal) 12 days after my beloved 2008 Suzuki SX4 ("Putt-Putt") was destroyed when a truck jutted out of a driveway in front of me just 2 months after we celebrated 10 years and 100k miles of adventures together. I am in mourning.

I have started adding aesthetic details and got a premium audio system installed (tech package was impossible in the states). It's only been on the boring/stressful work commute, but hope to get into light snow for skiing and winter hiking soon! Very fun to drive. I fell in love fast. Still getting used to all the fancy tech my SX4 did not have.

Decided on SEL because I was not at all interested in the dual clutch transmission. Wanted AWD for the rear multi-link suspension and minor sandy/snowy road travel. It sits 1/4" lower than my Suzuki was, which is troubling, but the wheelbase is much longer and I have gotten out of a steep driveway without scraping the front (which I could not avoid before).

I fret over the stock Hankook tires and low sidewalls, but I think they'll be fine for now... but next time I have cash I gotta change those ugly wheels to black, or partial black: it's a lot of alloy silver color for the all-black SEL trim, me thinks.

Name TBD... (-:

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Mahalo and Welcome

·
Banned
1,278 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Welcome. May i suggest a name? Tango?