Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hey and that I love my Kona. I wanted to o with the off road look and put on BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2’s. Also added a 26” light bar on the roof and a 20” above the license plate. Since then I’ve added HID headlights and put yellow lamez film in the fog light and changed them to leds.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Mahalo and Welcome

Blessings and Peace

Reactions: princessg111

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
You are most certainly welcome and I like what you have done with your Kona. Is it AWD?

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is but it’s the 2.0 L non turbo. I blackout the Hyundai emblems and removed the name and awd emblem at the back. I had to go to 16” rims because of tire size. These were the biggest I could go they are 27” tall. I wanted to be a little wider to give a nice stance but I am very happy with this look

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
I think you made a wise purchase for yourself. Good for you and thank you for sharing.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Love the rugged look you're going for with your Kona, looks great. Are you planning on taking it on some trails to see what its capable of?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm really interested to hear about the way you ran your wiring and mounting. I've been thinking about a grill light bar as I drive a mostly rural highway. I'm digging the light bar on the roof rack as I had the same idea. I've just been nervous over wire routing and voiding warranties.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don’t plan on going off road just yet because it’s still new to me and don’t really want to break anything the first year anyway. Lol. As for running the light bar on top I drilled a hole in the roof rack and ran the the 2 wires down the side of windshield.. use a plastic tool to move the rubber and the wires go in. Then put a hole threw the firewall to the switches. The front I went threw the rad support.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the ballast and the bulb 6000k I tried to get as close as I could to match the led on top. As for the KO2 ‘s. 215-65-16. That was the only one that was the closest to the original size. They r 27 “ tall

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really dig that front light bar. My only issue mounting, I dont have a push bar so I'll need to find or fabricate a mount for it.

Also to my understanding aren't all K02 tires LT tires? How does that handle on accerlation?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem at all. Acceleration is good but I find when it’s raining it slides a little bit. You can get a bull bar on amazon cheap

1 - 20 of 28 Posts