Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up our 2021 Kona Preferred tomorrow, first EV, currently have a Sonata Hybrid, feel it was the right time, with a move to Vancouver Island from the -40c’s of Alberta.

I am 58 and when I was a kid the thought of having a fully electric vehicle was science fiction, yet here I am getting my first EV and probably not my last.

It’s interesting when I look at charging stations in various places, we moved from Northern Alberta and on Chargepoint there is one charging station, holy...

Anyhow enjoying looking though the discussion, in particular the discussion about batter charger level, 100% or 80%, seems after reading and looking elsewhere, there is no real solid answer.

Cheers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Picking up our 2021 Kona Preferred tomorrow, first EV, currently have a Sonata Hybrid, feel it was the right time, with a move to Vancouver Island from the -40c’s of Alberta.

I am 58 and when I was a kid the thought of having a fully electric vehicle was science fiction, yet here I am getting my first EV and probably not my last.

It’s interesting when I look at charging stations in various places, we moved from Northern Alberta and on Chargepoint there is one charging station, holy...

Anyhow enjoying looking though the discussion, in particular the discussion about batter charger level, 100% or 80%, seems after reading and looking elsewhere, there is no real solid answer.

Cheers.
If you use Level 2 charging, no worries going to 100%. If car is going to sit for a day or two, leave at 80% to 90%, not full.

I charge at L2 every few days to 90% because I live on a hill and gain a couple of miles leaving my house. It is only DCFC where you need to charge slowly above 80%.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts