Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! New to the forum and new to driving a 1.6T (just got my Ultimate). I was told that my first oil change is due in 3 months (car has 32 km currently), which I read is to ensure that all is going well so far with the engine etc.

Anyway, just wanted ask the experienced drivers here for advice - do’s and don’t’s - on driving my vehicle to avoid issues. I drive mostly in the city but sometimes can get stuck in traffic. I do some highway driving as well. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Use your turn signals, No tail gating, and no brake checking others, and STOP signs do not mean screw the other people. Otherwise try to not do burnouts, even with traction control off and stability control off, it doesn't seem to like standing burnouts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, everyone! Very good info. I'm just a 'regular' driver so under normal driving practices the car and I should be ok, hopefully.

Just concerned about winter driving now. Any tips? I think winter tires are in order. I can downsize to a 17 so that will be more affordable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thank you, everyone! Very good info. I'm just a 'regular' driver so under normal driving practices the car and I should be ok, hopefully.

Just concerned about winter driving now. Any tips? I think winter tires are in order. I can downsize to a 17 so that will be more affordable.
I bought this kit for $1050CAD
Really diggin the rims on my white ultimate.
There's no TPMS on Canadian models.

4x F207-1670-65FN+40C730 FA43335 Orbit 16x7.0 5x114.3mm +40 73.0mm MBK

4x H7955 FA04233 Farroad FRD79 205/65R16 99T XL

4x 873671H FA12572 Solid Hub Ring-OD-73.0mm-ID-67.1mm

20x 70202SBK FA11635 6 Spline Black Nut 2PC 60° Seat-12x1.50mm-17/19/21mm Hex

1x 76007 FA12283 6 Spline Matte Black Key-19/21mm Hex

4x WMB16 FA20631 Wheel Mount And Balance 16"

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hello everyone! New to the forum and new to driving a 1.6T (just got my Ultimate). I was told that my first oil change is due in 3 months (car has 32 km currently), which I read is to ensure that all is going well so far with the engine etc.

Anyway, just wanted ask the experienced drivers here for advice - do’s and don’t’s - on driving my vehicle to avoid issues. I drive mostly in the city but sometimes can get stuck in traffic. I do some highway driving as well. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Be careful changing the whee
l/tire size if you have AWD. It will screw up the computer that controls the sensors that send traction to the wheels. Check the owners manual and your dealers service dept. first.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Be careful changing the whee
l/tire size if you have AWD. It will screw up the computer that controls the sensors that send traction to the wheels. Check the owners manual and your dealers service dept. first.
You can use any of the following Tire/wheel sizes and be within 1% of the original total overall diameter of the original 235/45/18 Tires that came with your Ultimate.

I would use plain steel wheels (without even wheel covers) for winter. Prices below at TireRack.com are as follows, includes new wheels, tires, TMPS sensors, delivery mounting, balancing. Your TPMS sensor system will still report your tires air pressure.

All include Blizzak WS90 snow tires.

215/55/17 = 1,081.48 delivered.
215/60/16 = 1,024.51 delivered
235/45/18 = 1,611.90 delivered (Steel wheels are not available from Tirerack in 18" size, so these are better wheels.

You maybe able to do better price wise locally, but this will give you a starting point for comparison sake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts