Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Kona SEL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all!
I just bought my first ever brand new car! I’ve only ever bought used previously so it has been an experience to say the least. I got myself a 2022 Kona SEL in the Blue Wave color with the black top. It was a hard decision between it and the Teal, but the black top really sealed the deal. I drve it off the lot with 18 miles on the odometer, and that was after I test drove it 6 miles 😄
I’m pretty happy with it so far. The only thing I’m having trouble with is getting used to the Lane Keeping Assist. I love the feature but I’m accustomed to (and prefer) driving a bit closer to the outside of my lane. I’ll get used to it soon so it’s not really a complaint. I’m looking forward to making some changes to it. Tinting the front windows is the first on my list, maybe swapping the wheels out and debadging or blacking out the emblems.

7D9265FF-0BFC-41AA-9736-B0284DF54EAD.jpeg

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Kona SEL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That black top looks awesome on the blue. You can turn off the lane assist. Mine drove me crazy till I turned it off.
Blacked out emblems would look great. I did mine with Shadow Black HyperDip® Aerosol. Easy to apply been on for a 2 months and looks great .
I’ll have to check that out! And thanks! The top just adds a lil something to it.
Congrats on your first new car. The blue is beautiful with the black roof. Enjoy.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey y’all!
I just bought my first ever brand new car! I’ve only ever bought used previously so it has been an experience to say the least. I got myself a 2022 Kona SEL in the Blue Wave color with the black top. It was a hard decision between it and the Teal, but the black top really sealed the deal. I drve it off the lot with 18 miles on the odometer, and that was after I test drove it 6 miles 😄
I’m pretty happy with it so far. The only thing I’m having trouble with is getting used to the Lane Keeping Assist. I love the feature but I’m accustomed to (and prefer) driving a bit closer to the outside of my lane. I’ll get used to it soon so it’s not really a complaint. I’m looking forward to making some changes to it. Tinting the front windows is the first on my list, maybe swapping the wheels out and debadging or blacking out the emblems.

View attachment 5670 View attachment 5671
Congrats! Your Kona looks great! I got my red 2022 SEL two weeks ago and I know what you mean about the lane assist. It's pretty heavy-handed, but the little wheel/lane button can be held down for a couple of seconds to shut it off if you get tired of it. Enjoy your ride!!

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Kona SEL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats! Your Kona looks great! I got my red 2022 SEL two weeks ago and I know what you mean about the lane assist. It's pretty heavy-handed, but the little wheel/lane button can be held down for a couple of seconds to shut it off if you get tired of it. Enjoy your ride!!
Thank you!! Congrats on your new car as well!
I think I’m getting used to it now, but I’ve had it less than a week so I’m sure it will be less noticeable after a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats,
Just got my wife the same car and color Combo. When we were looking they had all the Kona's out front and they were all Grey and white. Told the guy I was looking at a Blue one online and asked if they still had it. Did not know it had the black Top. It was out back and when he pulled it out she fell in live with the color combo, I liked it also.
So we took it and drove it home! That combo is sharp

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you!! Congrats on your new car as well!
I think I’m getting used to it now, but I’ve had it less than a week so I’m sure it will be less noticeable after a while.
I have a 2020 KIA Soul Gt-line LTD I have the lane keep assist and it irritated me at first. Now I don't even notice it. I left it on. I am now waiting for a 2022 Kona N-line Ultimate which is factory ordered.

Pat.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Kona SEL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 2020 KIA Soul Gt-line LTD I have the lane keep assist and it irritated me at first. Now I don't even notice it. I left it on. I am now waiting for a 2022 Kona N-line Ultimate which is factory ordered.

Pat.
Yeah I’ve gotten much more accustomed to it and congrats on the N-line!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts